Should Sound Quality of Computer Audio be improved

Unable to respond to, "Mach2Music and Amarra: Huge Disappointment"- Thread. Other Members take free pop-shots!
Apparently some have more Freedom Of Speech than others! I
don't know how many times I have said it, I want Computer
Audio to succeed! It will only succeed if Computers are designed from the ground up to reproduce Music (Same minimum standard applied for Equipment of ALL Audio Formats)! This is common sense Audio Engineering Design. Bandaid Modifications cannot be substituted for absence in design to produce Music! Design it right to EARN the right to become a New Audio Format- same as all other Audio Formats! No Freebee's, No Cutting Corners! Lack of design is what's causing such varied results in S.Q. between
listeners of Computer Audio. I see about 50% negative
responses here on these Threads. It will continue to happen unless you fix it! Blaming me won't help! I am an
Engineer, and I can read results! 50/50 success/ failure
rate- you have an inherit Engineering Design Flaw for the
reproduction of Music via Computers! Shock! Suprise- since
they were never designed for Music! So when is someone finally going to properly design the Equipment/Computer
(From the ground up) for Computer Audio? Do we continue
to treat any real criticism as "HERESY" in the lack of
design in Computer Audio for Music? You tell me what I am
allowed to talk about, and we will both know!
pettyofficer
PO, are you are record collector? If so then revel in the joy
of looking for rare music. If not shut up. You and uour 10,000 records that have been deleated. Like its something new! Records have their time.

Would you say the same about cars? They stopped making the model T ford and every showroom I go into only has new cars. Why did they stop making the model T? I really want one.
Model T argument wearing thin, and completely irrelevant to purchasing Music by your favorite Artist. Actually I don't listen to Records ( Can't afford a half dozen high End Audio Formats- not in this economy ). Last that I checked Records are making a comeback as 180 gram Re-issues. If you want to talk about cars why is it that the American Public is VERY interested in the quality of their Cars, but no one is interested in Sound Quality. What if half of the available cars were no longer available on the Market; because, the American Public had decided that they were no longer interested in the quality of their cars. Think there wouldn't be a big stink about the depreciation of car quality/selection? Heaven forbid anyone should ever complain about the same thing happening to anything else we purchase. This is simply a highly profitable shell game of hiding our Musical Archive from us. Why are we falling head over heels over it??? When Manufacturers play a shell game with Music Selection in the middle of an Audio Format Turnover- you know something stinks even if no one will admit it! Playing the sucker to this shell game advantages us how??? Two words come to mind- "FLY PAPER". Sticking with it only shows weakness. Absence of the demand for better Sound Quality ( And/Or better Music Selection ) can only show weakness. Firewalling ourselves in cement from ever changing from a position of that weakness benefits us how? Give me the 10,000 in CD, or give it to me in Music Downloads ( Hell, you can even decide ). Why are we even letting someone else decide on neither without so much as a whimper? "Soon All New Music Will Only Be Available As Music Downloads"- this holds who accountable in making sure that Music Selection will be available EVEN in support of Computer Audio? It appears that no one is responsible for insuring that Selection will be available in Downloads as other options are rapidly evaporating. "Soon All New Music.....", only gives cover to those using lack of Selection to boost their Profits. We, end up getting the short end of the stick in this process. Those Profits are not born in a vacuum, but can only come at our expense. This will most assuredly continue unless we hold Computer Audio Downloads feet to the fire. It is the only way to insure of Computer Audio's success ( And finally shut me the hell up on the issue of Selection Availability ). It is time for Computer Audio to either Stand up, or Shut up and get the hell out of the way of another Audio Format that WILL make our Musical Archive available. It is do, or die for Computer Audio N-O-W as it should be for ANY competing Audio Format. If not, then what is the point in competing? Who wins Computer Audio, or LP Re-issues? Here we are a dozen Responses later, all of them obviously avoiding answering the question. Is it so hard to answer that question? WHY??? Someone had better answer it, because the future of our Music depends on it! A New Music Selection Audio Format that purposely tries to minimize Music Selection Availability! $$$ I-N-C-R-E-D-I-B-L-E $$$
PO,
the only thing wearing thin is you. Maybe like the 10,000 CDs you go on about you & this thread will disappear too.

You really are nuts. Your argument is stubbornly misguided. Just like your sunspot argument.

You are completely alone in your opinion. Don't you find that strange? I know you have not considered that you have got it wrong. You don't seem the type.

Good luck.
So Petty, what have you actually DONE to address your concerns? Other than complain, I mean. Please answer this simple question. If the answer is "nothing" (which I suspect it is) then you are nothing other than a crusty ol' fart...
Sorry Guys. "Soon ALL NEW MUSIC will only be available as Music Downloads". You change ALL NEW MUSIC to ALL MUSIC then your Format will have something to offer everyone. Selective is what selective does. If your Download Format is that selective in type of Music, why would anyone select it??? Yes, we will have the option to select it. Blue Ray Audio is looking better by the minute. At least no one is trying to monopolize Music Selection with it. Looks like we will have a choice after all. Downloading won't provide Selection, we will just have to go someplace else for it.
You can be led by the nose with Computer Audio Downloading.
I am following where the Music Selection leads me. Downloads just don't have it to sell, and life is too short to be buying Download Music Selection SNAKE OIL/ MP3.