Should Sound Quality of Computer Audio be improved

Unable to respond to, "Mach2Music and Amarra: Huge Disappointment"- Thread. Other Members take free pop-shots!
Apparently some have more Freedom Of Speech than others! I
don't know how many times I have said it, I want Computer
Audio to succeed! It will only succeed if Computers are designed from the ground up to reproduce Music (Same minimum standard applied for Equipment of ALL Audio Formats)! This is common sense Audio Engineering Design. Bandaid Modifications cannot be substituted for absence in design to produce Music! Design it right to EARN the right to become a New Audio Format- same as all other Audio Formats! No Freebee's, No Cutting Corners! Lack of design is what's causing such varied results in S.Q. between
listeners of Computer Audio. I see about 50% negative
responses here on these Threads. It will continue to happen unless you fix it! Blaming me won't help! I am an
Engineer, and I can read results! 50/50 success/ failure
rate- you have an inherit Engineering Design Flaw for the
reproduction of Music via Computers! Shock! Suprise- since
they were never designed for Music! So when is someone finally going to properly design the Equipment/Computer
(From the ground up) for Computer Audio? Do we continue
to treat any real criticism as "HERESY" in the lack of
design in Computer Audio for Music? You tell me what I am
allowed to talk about, and we will both know!
pettyofficer
Petty, we're not trying to sell you anything, nor are we trying to restrict your choices of music or format. You're the one who came here asking questions and not listening to the answers.

To put in plain and simple: you're wrong.

Hope you can understand that.
" In fact I would add that many rare 78 recordings have been saved by being digitized!"

I can vouch for that. I've recorded all my family's old 78 RPM records from the 20's and 30's to CD and then ripped the CDs to my music server along with all the rest. I picked up an old Admiral ceramic cart table that plays 78s for $10 at a yard sale to do it. Next best thing to having an authentic restored old Victrola to play these on. Maybe someday. I know of several local sources that restore and sell Victrolas.

Its all doable. Takes a little will and know how mainly. Tougher for old coots like PEtty and me in general, but I am fairly tech savoy for my age, so not a problem.
PO, the computer is a tool to empower you. If you cannot see that best go live in a cave. Yet again you have not paid any attention to the posts saying the opposite to you. I see no one else complaining like you. Haven't you noticed? The real bottom line? A real bottom more like.

Never before has a single device allowed you to play, copy, edit, restore, convert, archive, stream your music. Let alone across multiple formats and probably into formats not even thought of yet.

This is the part I don't understand. You go on about loss but I see no loss. If a CD was made then you can have it or find it. Probably the same for any record or tape of whatever too?

Name the music you cannot find. Tell me which CD you cannot lay your hands on? If you cannot find the download you will find the CD. As for really rare vinyl well no change there. Because if you could not find that record back then you still would have to search as you do today. What is different?
I see. It is a simple case of disbelieving my lying eyes.
"Name the music you cannot find", from the top the people who manufacture, and sell CDs tell me that there are 10,000 out of print. They are lying, you are telling me the truth. I would like to try and listen to anyone of those 10,000. I
would like to try and listen to something that I haven't listened to before. You can't "Name" something that you haven't listened to, or have yet to discover. Now that it is gone, "No longer in Print", and "Not Available as Download" the name is pretty much gone. Nice way of hiding the identity of the victim by dissolving the carcass with acid. Then we play "You can't identify someone from the muck- give me a name"! Can't provide a name, then there was never anyone there. You have got to be kidding! This is nothing more than the old "Switch and Bait". A five year old could see through it!
One question I keep asking that no one is even listening to the question (More or less listening to the answer). Are you guys terrified of answering? Where is my Music Archive that I used to have access to, but no longer have with Music Downloads? Why can nobody add? Ten thousand CDs gone, hardly 10,000 Music Downloads (Not MP3) to replace them.
The Numbers are lying to me, my own eyes are lying to me, CD manufacturers are lying to me, and those that sell CDs are lying to me. Even those who say "Soon all New Music will only be available as Music Downloads" are lying about intent to further permanently eliminate CD Music Archive without replacing it! Gee, the only guys in the universe telling the truth are you. How long do you guys intend on carrying on this charade? There is NO INTENT on creating a Music Archive of Music Downloads available. There never was, there never will be, and 10,000 "Out Of Print" therefore U-N-R-I-P-P-A-B-L-E CDs is proof of that! Then there will be the next 10,000, and the next 10,000 after that. Again I can add, but you tell me that the numbers are lying to me. Boy, that is some tool that creates this alternate reality.
Chadeffect: Is the Computer your Tool, or are you a Tool of the Computer being forced to accept an ever shrinking selection of Music Archive? You can't establish
that "Soon All New Music will only be available as Music Downloads" without tossing out a whole hell of a lot of Music. The only alternative is that most of our Music Archive becomes available as Music Downloads. We all know that this is not going to happen in our lifetimes. Enough of the Bull, it is going to be severely shrinking selection from here on out. You are getting rid of 10 times more (CDs) than you are replacing (Downloads). I'm supposed to pretend that I am stupid, and not know where this train is heading? I do know that you guys can see where it is heading. I don't buy that you actually believe this illusion. This shell game of trying to find your Music. All of this "Snake Oil" of massive amounts of Music Downloads just around the bend. You guys have got to be smarter than this. Does "Let The Buyer Beware" even ring a bell? Are you even capable of applying THAT critical eye towards Computer Audio, instead of becoming another tool of Computer Audio? A machine dictates what type of Music you will be allowed to listen to by eliminating what is available at a constantly steady rate. Wow, where can I get me one of those (drool, drool)! You guys really want your pound of flesh in the Music we used to be able to enjoy. Once CD is gone where is the next pound of flesh coming from, Computer Audio or LP? LP is looking a little weak right now, and something is licking its chops. That isn't me, try looking behind you- but you never do! Go ahead and hide in the dark so you can't see what is really eating you- if that is your idea. Sell me on this? REALLY!!! You guys have got to really hate others who enjoy their Music, especially if you want to permanently take it away from them. This isn't an Audio Format Turnover, more like a slaughter house. I am supposed to be stupid, and allow myself to be led to the slaughter. Boy you guys get testy when I raise a ruckus about it- GET OVER YOURSELVES! I am the one being led to slaughter, you think that I don't know it?