What's wrong with my almost new speakers?

I purchased a pair of new speakers less than 2 yrs ago. They sounded just fine to begin with, but within 1 year they became "irratating" after a short listen. I have purchased new speakers since then from Focal and Harbeth, and both of these pairs sound wonderful. What's wrong with the speakers from 2 yrs ago? Bad crossovers? Bad drivers?
We do not listen to music at loud levels.
128x128mc240
Pretty sure they've gone bad. Did you keep them refrigerated? Look underneath and check the expiration date.
Sounds like there infected. I would dispose of them as quickly as possible. Keep them far away from your current speakers, it could be contagious!!!
I purchased a pair of new speakers less than 2 yrs ago. They sounded just fine to begin with, but within 1 year they became "irratating" after a short listen. What's wrong with the speakers from 2 yrs ago? Bad crossovers? Bad drivers?

Mc240
02-28-14

This is rare, but I have seen this phenomena happen before. No, it's not bad crossovers, or bad drivers. Sadly speakers generally go bad when they are exposed to bad music. I'm sorry....there is nothing we can do at this point.