Earliest "MOST WANTED" gear

OK, some of us have been on this merry go round longer than others. I checked in in 1976, age 16. Typical teenagers, I wanted a turntable, receiver and speakers. A tape deck down the road and a decent used car once I got a license.

I envisioned my 1st system- a Dual turntable with a Shure cartridge, AR bookshelf speakers, and as for a receiver, I liked Tandberg and Marantz. Predictably, my 1st system did not look like that at all, though over the years out of a fit of nostalgia I have owned all of that stuff, even if for under a year (and then sold it to another person trying to satisfy earlier desires). Well, at least I envisioned a Teac tape deck and that's what I eventually bought.

What was the "system of your dreams" before you dipped your toes into the water?
128x128zavato
Were those Studio Design speakers? I seem to recall that being the Tech
Hifi house brand.
i went to my bosses home and he had a set of Khorns with a marantz tube amp. I was mesmerized. I never heard anything like that. I had owned a set of bose 501 and a rotel quad reciever with a dual 901 turntable that i thought sounded good. I finally got my Khorns but never got the marantz tubes having also had the bug for home theater. I loved those khorns but sadly am parting with them in favor of a set of Audio Physics Calderas due to my new home not having good corners to put the Khorns in. Nostalgia does have a way of covering up quality as now my system is a much improved.
JBL L300 was my dream speaker back in the day... Still would like to own a pair today.
1976, McIntosh separates system with Magnepans,Thorens Shure V15 as a highschool senior. Eventually got most of the pieces though have never had the room for Maggie's. Listened to and owned lots of other loves but still love Mac sound and look best.
1977-BIC Turntable with an Empire Cartridge. Allison Speakers and a Marants Receiver. $1,700 and almost bought it with $20 down and $20 a week... I was running a rat shack 4 watt amp, FM car radio with home built power supply, home built speakers and a gerard turntabe.