PSB or Thiel? nOrh??

Hi all. I'm looking at upgrading my Infinity-based home theatre/"stereo" system. My taste is primarily rock (I'm a Rush fanatic), but my music collection contains alot of jazz, classical, country, and just about everything else you can think of except rap. My 5-year old Overture 2's are nice, but I suspect I can find better sound without spending insane amounts of money. ("Insane" - such a relative term...)

Of course, I spend as much time using the system as a home theatre as I spend listening to 2-channel music.

After doing alot of reading, I'm thinking PSB Stratus Goldi or Thiel 2.3 as the mainstays of the new system. I have no dealer near me to listen to any Thiel speakers, so I need the sages' advice before I buy.

For years I've read about nOrh speakers - does anyone have any experience with them? For the price of the used PSB's or Thiels I could pick up new top-of-the-line nOrhs.

I'm open to other suggestions in the 1k-2500 (used or new) price range.

Thanks!
aggielaw
I don't know anything about the nOrh, but, I think PSB and Thiels are very different. While they are a fussy with regards to power and to some extent placement, I'd choose Thiels over PSB in heartbeat.
Try to audition before buying. To my ears, the PSB speakers and Thiel do not at all sound alike. I find the PSB to be more authoritative with good bass while the Thiel are very detailed. If you've heard and like one of these, I'd guess that you would not like the other pair.
Good luck, Dave.
thiel needs lots of power but excellent sound. psb good all
round less power required a bit more wooly and less control
than the theils.
Greetings Aggie!
I love my Thiel 3.5's! but they require far above average equipment to truly bless them! I listen to all types of music.....Keith Richards ..."main offender".....Pink Floyd.."the wall"...classical....jazz...Above all...remember!!do not waste your money and buy new!!! I never never never do!! I paid $600 for my Thiel 3.5's, they sold new for almost3k!. Sure they are not new...but in excellent shape! and....reference grade equipment, if it is truly..like the thiels(Rated A in stereophile)...is always great and your enjoyment will never decrease, because you really know the quality of your cd's and everything else...keep the best...burn the rest!!To me , there is nothing like a reavealing system and by the way...I looooove tube equipment! and if you look around...there is a strong revival of tubes!(not that they were ever dead!) Hope this helps you!
Rol