Help with Martin Logan Aerius Speakers

Hello all...

My listening room is very well dimensioned... I'd say about 15 feet wide, 23 feet long, and 14 feet high. My ML Aerius's are about 3 feet from the back wall, and about 3.75 feet from the side walls. They are about 7.5 feet apart from each other, toed in about 1.5-2 inches toward the listening position (which is about 10 feet away).
Everything sounds great, imaging is very precise, and I'm pretty happy with the soundstage. My only (albeit slight) complaint is the bass... a little on the boomy, muddy side. I'm looking to "clean" up the bass a little, but I have a few questions...

(1) Is this just a weak point with the ML Aerius speakers?
(2) I opened up the back panel... will adding more "stuffing" tighten up the bass? I'm not too concerned with extension down in to the low 30hz region... more interested in a cleaner, tighter bass.
(3) Would adding vibration damping materials to the woofer enclosure help?

I've tried some feable attempts at room treatments (couch pillows and such placed in the corners), and it didn't help very much. Also, I've tried all sorts of different placements in the room... What I have right now is the best for imaging and soundstage, and, like I said, the bass issue is not THAT big a deal. BUT, I figured I might ask for some input... Thanks in advance!
ewha
Hi Ewha,

With my Aerius i's I basically raised them up about 2 inches from the floor. I buy several hockey pucks (yes hockey pucks) and stack them. I then find a solid MDF board to place on top of the pucks before placing the Aerius including the spikes on the board. You may want to place the spikes underneath the board with the pucks on top. Try this and experiment- it is a cost effective method and it works. I also tilt the speakers forward slightly. The bass has tightened up and the image is clearer (like a veil removed). Basically the Aerius woofer is too close to the ground (subceptible to vibration, resonance- the sound is trapped on the ground) and thus, when the Aerius i's are raised the sound opens up.

Zenaissance
Aerius bass is pretty weak, but i found that Bybee filters really help with bass. It sounds a bit strange, but the timing and impact of the bass has really improved. I hardwirable bybee units are $80 a piece new, or you can buy the external inline versions used, on audiogon for about 250-300 dollars.
I don't recall whether the Aerius allows for this, but if it is possible, you might try to bi-amp. I think you will have much better results. To get the most our of your speakers you need to fuel them properly. Hence, my original question regarding your amp(s). All of the other suggestions are good advice but I do not think they address the root of your problem. Best of luck.
Post removed 
I agree that with a listening room as long as yours, you should bring these out from the front wall more, maybe to around 5ft. This should reduce boominess in the bass, and also improve soundstaging even further. Also, make sure to try your tube amp powering these from its 4 ohm output transformer taps rather than 8 ohms if adjustable and you're not already.