USB/SPDIF converter and DAC combinations

I am currently using M2Tech Hiface with PS Audio DL 3. Will be looking to upgrade. Seeking opinions on the Bel Canto devices, Wired4Sound DACs, Audiophelio converter. What makes for a great combination and is this a better approach than USB conversion within the newer DACs? This question is asked within the context of a 15K-17K system retail. Thanks in advance for your replies.
mesch
I also have a DL III. My dream USB converter is an empirical audio offramp, my second choice is the JKSPDIF MK III, link here: http://www.johnkenny.biz/home-1/mk3-hiface
The reason I like the JKSPDIF unit is it's quite an elegant solution, it's battery powered, the power circuits are isolated from the audio section, and the battery re-charges from the USB port on your computer. No wall warts. I am currently running a Vlink 192, and I'm pretty happy. I wanted to get off the merry go round for a bit, so I'm taking a break from equipment purchases and just buying music. I have also looked at the audiophelio, and the anedio U2 unit.
Thanks to those who have responded. I have recently purchased a BRYston BDA-1 knowing I will not be using the USB input. Remain interested in USB/SPDIF upgrade. Will let you know what improvement I find over the PS audio.
I'm very happy with the iLink, which I got cause I also use
their iUSB. Other ones to consider are the Halide Bridge and
Bel Canto Reflink range.
I have a LOT of experience with USB converter and DAC's, having owned and heard quite a few.

The best is the Off-Ramp, then the Audiophellio, with the Audiophellio being the better value, but there is zero doubt the Off-Ramp is clearly and obviously better.

I have owned a WFS and fed by its internal USB it was pretty ordinary I have to say - cold, analytical with slight sibilance issues, but fed by the Off-Ramp virtually all the issues gone - still on the analytical side for my tastes but to the point I would say its a personal preference thing - and the detail can be a bit overpowering - but a very good DAC that way.

Still if you are looking to spend the money to match that sort of system I would look at the two best DAC's I have ever heard - a Playback Designs via DSD (its not as good via PCM - but via DSD its supreme) and the Phasure DAC via PCM.

Neither requires an external converter - the internal converters of both are top notch.

Thanks
Bill
Hi Mesch,

If you already have the BDA-1, why not get the new BDP-2 as your USB to SPDIF upgrade? The reviews so far have been very good.
My fingers are itching to pull the trigger for the BDP-2 but unfortunately, if I run it to my Esoteric K-01, I can only max out the hi-res at 24/96. So to get 24/192 and DSD capability, the new Marantz streamer plus hi-res capable DAC would be a better choice for me.
Cheers!