Logans and Heavy Metal?

I am reall interested in a pair of Aerius I's, and I like all kinds of music. From Jazz to Country, Blues to Extermely Heavy Metal. I've heard these speakers with all kinds of music except Heavy Metal. I've read that they are not that great at the hard stuff. Is this really true? Is it a listenable reproduction of the music, or is it so bad that I should avoid them? Most of my Heavy Metal listening is at work or in the car, but there are those days... These speakers will be used as home theater as well. Any comments or other recommendations are greatly appreciated.
FYI the driving amp is an Odyssey Stratos.
ton1313
Sean, we have a pair of EROS (2 channel system) and a pair of ISIS (HT front speakers) and love them. What has been your experience? We listen to mostly JAZZ and vocals but we had some DEF LEPPARD (Now that's original Heavy Metal!) and it sounded *real good* (gettin' in the summer frame of mind or somethin')
Angela, i've never heard the specific speakers that you have but do have a friend that had them. While he did like them, he complained of a rather limited "sweet spot". This is a relatively common complaint about E-stat's, so i don't think that it is a problem with their specific design. I do know that the Eros are probably the most efficient E-stat on the market and as such, would probably be the best candidate for someone that wants transient response AND volume capability. While the Eros do have a transmission line woofer design ( which is one of the VERY FEW vented designs that i like if properly done ), my only reservation about this system would be as to how well the dynamic woofer mates with the panels. Obviously, this is something that would boil down to personal taste, room acoustics and placement of the speaker.

By the way, fans of "Type O" need to find out what "Big Pete's" real thoughts and feelings on life are. You can find them on recordings of both his earlier band (Carnivore) and the earlier Type O albums BEFORE they went "girly". For the record, Pete is a nice guy in person and LOVES the ladies. I've partied with him a few times. Sean
>
My ML Sequels play metal just fine. Make sure you have a powerful amp with delivers CLEAN power very quickly.
In my experience, the Aerius I's will sound good with all types of metal, as long as your amp is up to the task.. The audio shop's never have them set up right. An ARC VT100 is not enough, a minimum of 200 high quality(ARC,ML)watt's.