Dealer Ethics? - Anonymous disparagement

Is it wrong for an apparent DUNLAVY AUDIO dealer to ANONYMOUSLY call Pipedreams the" worst speaker I have ever heard over $500.00"?? I was startled by the extremely negative posts by cg70754 as to the Pipedreams loudspeakers . He called them in one of two posts - " Truly the worst speaker over $500.00 I have ever heard". Strong negative stuff . A check of the DUNLAVY AUDIO website www.dunlavyaudio.com revealed Acoustics Solutions as a Dealer with e-mail address c/o [email protected]. An e-mail to cg70754 , showed cg70754 to be the listed DUNLAVY dealer,in Alpharetta,GA,- Chuck Gerlach of Acoustic Solutions . What do you think?
alaneichenbaum
sounds like a bad case of sour grapes. i know many that speak highly of them, including the current owner of melos audio restorations...
It does sound like sour grapes. I don't think that John Dunlavy would appreciate one of his "dealers" making such a remark. Read some of his white papers available on the Dunlavy website. Bad, Bad form!
It could be sour grapes but it could be an honest dealer. Maybe he really doesnt like them. If so I give him credit for being honest instead of pushing a product just because hes an authorized dealer.
I think we're comparing apples to oranges here. Dunlavy
products represent some of the 'best buys' in high-end audio
but really are not in the same league with the higher
priced PipeDreams. So this does sound something like sour
grapes to me.