Intoxicating music

In the 60's, which is a decade that went by in a blur, I dropped pills that took me to far away places which did not exist. This music I'm listening to is having the same effect.

"Upojenie" is the name of the CD, and "Are You Going With Me" is the name of the cut that took me to "Shangrilasa", which is a place that's existed in many vivid imaginations.

Pat Metheney and Anna Maria Jopek are the artists who rose to new creative heights that brought us "otherworldly" sounds which transported me to "Shangrilasa".
orpheus10
Iron Butterfly-In-a-Gadda-da-Vida at full volume will take to places you've never been. Drugs optional.
'Intoxicating'??? A person would have to be totally wasted, to listen to this stuff.
pretty much anything with a fifth of johnny walker would prove to be intoxicating.

John Abercrombie's "Timeless" took me to the blue frozen mists of "The misty mid region of Weir". I'm still perusing Phillip Glass and Mike Oldfield, of "Tubular Bells" fame.

I had flashbacks of "head shops" when I heard "In-Gadda-Da-Vida". Those were places with black lit psychedelic posters on all the walls and even the ceiling. You were greeted by the fragrance of 1001 different kinds of incense upon entering one of those establishments. As well as intoxicating, music can also be a time machine.
More to discover