TRL 595-how good is it?

I am a digital junky, so I have been thru well over a dozen players in the past 12 months. My favorite is the APL 3910. I just bought the TRL Sony 595 from the Tsunami auction, and will receive next week. Any one here have experience with this machine? I TT Paul from TRL and he said he is still shaking his head from disbelief on how good this puppy sounds. I am impatient, so would love some feedback. I also love the fact it is a 5 disc changer. Could it be a world beater? I have TT a person who sold his Cary 303/200 after burning this puppy in.

Ehquiring minds want to know

Thanks
711smilin
Smilin,

It's a Sony and probably works like most Sony SACD players. Press the Menu button and turn the AMS until the right menu comes up. Select 2-channel (or stereo) and press the AMS button. From then on it should default to starting up in 2 channel. You may have to experiment - there are model differences, but the principle is the same.

Regards,
Metralla,

Thanks for the input buddy, this is a fun machine. I am goins to my AMS toggle as soon as I get done thanking you.

I understand that TRL has done mods on non-Sony players. If you are one of those people could you elaborate on where Paul does the changes. What I mean does he change the output stage, the clock, or dac? Is it a secret?

The reason is other players are better designed better in my opinion like the Teac DV-50. I am torn between sending my player in or going with the Sony.

Thanks
TRL modded my DV50s, it made a substantial difference. It's got bottom end that it never had (stock).

Top to bottom the frequency response is way extended. Soundstage is wide now, instead of mono.

The picture is awesome, approaching film. It does take a long time to break-in, I think mine has finally settled down, but even out of the box the change was huge.

I'd highly reccomend that you get yours modded.
BTW, TRL has 3-5 people doing the mods, they pull them off the benches building tube amps. and preamps. to do the mods.
deb

Thank you Deb for responding. In speaking to Paul he does not seem very enthused about moding other units besides the Sony players. This prompted my query. I was not sure if he was trying to discourage me in sending mine in.