Sony Legacy SACD Players - SCD-1, 777ES, XA-777ES

I am currently in the newbie market for a very good-to-great SACD player and was wondering if anyone could give me feedback on the differences between these three heralded Sony SACD legacy players, all obsolete now:

1. Sony SCD-1 - original two channel from 2000, balanced inputs
2. Sony 777ES - two channel from 2001, w/o balanced inputs
3. Sony XA-777ES - multi-channel player

I was wondering not only about their sonic differences, but if there were any reliability or usability issues between the three players. From what I have seen here on Agon, these can be had on the used market for less than $2,200. Has anyone heard all three of these?

Also, is there anything on the market today that competes with these legacy players, for less money new? Opinions? Thanks.
doonie
Are there still people on this planet that are unaware of reliabilty issues in just about everything Sony makes. IMO. Talk about a vaccuum, cause thats the only way you wouldn't know. I have avoided any Sony purchases for close to 15 years. Well, there was that clock radio for my daughter.
Guys

We need to be more respectful of peoples opinions and that is what this person was asking for. I stand by my original comment that nothing competes with the SCD-1 at this price level. As a stock machine it is very good on both redbook and SACD; modded it is excellent on both. I would suggest that Donnie do a search on this site and he will garner more information than he needs to make an INTELLIGENT decision. I wish you all well and HAPPY LISTENING.

Chuck
Well, i don't share the point of view that Sony "disc machines" of any kind have a reliability issue. Especially hard to take serious anyones honest opinion that have "...avoided any Sony purchase in close to 15 years...".
IMHO Sony is as good as it get's regarding reliability.
Cheers!
Alex speaks from just a little experience as he was a high level engineer with Sony for about 8 years..I would think over that time frame, Alex would have a just a bit of knowledge. Makes sense, no?
AVguru

Are your comments limited to just the Stock Sony units or do you feel this is the case with modded unit too?

>The soundstage is wide but lacks depth and height...and every one of them >benefits immensely from an after market power cord...moreso than other >players I've owned (and I've owned a lot).