DAC for 500 Recommendations?

I'm looking for a DAC for under 500.00 used that would be a great buy. Someone said the inexpensive Adcom is a stellar buy. Any suggestions out there?
kcdrummer
The EVS Millenium 2 is flat out stunning. I had one in my system,and it was incredible. They occasionly pop up on Audiogon for 500.00-600.00. I tried the Adcom,and there is no comparison to the Millenium 2.
I also second the Millenium 2 if you can find one (maybe a Millenium 1 too). If not, you can buy a new Ack dACK! for that same amount. They are also excellent with a different feel and design approach. I am not familiar with the Adcom, but the dACK! should be superior to any mass market product in that price range (I would actually consider one if you are spending less than $1500-$2000). Like the EVS Millenium DACs (were), they are handmade and sold direct by the designer. They use quality parts that no mass market item could afford to use in that price range.
KCdrummer- It was the original Adcom 600 processor. In my system I couldn't hear a difference with/or without it. That was in my system-I have heard of others who liked it. Yes I did try it at home. The Millenium 2 at the time I had it was the biggest sonic upgrade I ever made. I was using it with a Pioneer DV-37.
The Muse 2 is showing up for that price as well. Former S'phile Class A. Look for one with the Bessel filter and HDCD options.