Perpetual Tech Dac vs DCS or Wadia Dacs

I have read a review that indicates the Perpetual Technology D/A converters are very close to the perfomance of the Dcs gear. I have not heard either, but I am looking to upgrade from a Meitner Bidat that is currently in my system. I have noticed quite a few PT units for sale on Audiogon, which is not a good indication.
Has anyone A/B any of these units that can shed some light.
128x128illusion
The PT units are good for the price. They are not close to the dCS gear, but then neither is the cost.
I have an ECM CD player by Electrocompaniet which for the money or even more money is hard to beat but running it as a transport through the Perpetual tech digital correction engine and its DAC made everything even better - but even better than that was running the transport through the engine and the tube based Kora Hermes DAC - this just gets the sound of my regular CD's to another level of natural sounding music. The Kora is 1500 - use to sell in 1998 for 3795. Save your money and buy some more music.
I agree with Sattothestars since my EAD DSP 7000 mkII will easyly outperform 2 PT plastic matchboxes together.
the p3 is nothing special. i auditioned it for 8 weeks. it had the p1 and mono p/s. i bought a birdland instead at less than half the price....and better sounding. have heard wadia....not my favorite; to analitical for me. have not heard dcs. but wadia is way better than p3....way more expensive too. try auditioning some more gear. i think you will be better satisfied.
I have heard the Wadia (861 and 270 with 27ix) at a dealer in Berkeley CA and the dCS gear at a dealer in San Jose, CA. The dCS won and in my opinion not by a small margin. The dCS gear had more of everything I considered to be important. The highs we more extended. The bass had more weight and the separation between the instruments was more pronounced than the Wadia. Overall tonality sounded better than the Wadia. I purchased the Purcell and Delius and I don't regret it. For what it's worth the PT gear was not even on my "To be auditioned" list. At this level it is more of personal taste than anything else, but to my ears the dCS gear sounded better. But I strongly encourage you to audition both the Wadia and the dCS for yourself. – Dan