Used Classe CDP 0.3 or new Music Hall CD25?

I listen to all types of music. Rest of system is Classe DR6 preamp, B&K EX4420 amp, Paradigm Studio 60v2 speakers, LAT 100 interconnects and LAT biwire.

Listening is not an option, I have no nearby dealers in my area.

Thanks.
upstateaudio
Bianchi,

Comments like yours have absolutely no musical value, nor is it helpful to the person who posted the question. Please show a little class in your comments and be very careful when you make discriminatory statements like this that can get you into a lot of trouble.

The Music Hall is very good value and may be a little more updated on the DAC side. The Classe .3 is much better built but has an older DAC (20bit- I think). It all depends- the Classe may be a little more musical and warmer sounding. It is also built like a tank and get be used as a reliable transport.

Check out all the reviews under www.audioreview.com and see what you can come up with.

Good Luck!

Zenaissance
The reviews I've seen about the Classe have been lukewarm -- OK, but no outright raves.

The larger questions is interesting. For the same price range, is it better to buy a current player or a high-quality player with a few years on it? DACs and DSPs continue to evolve, but I'm not sure how quickly the state of the art changes. As another example, would a Theta Miles best, say, a modded Jolida J100 or tricked-out Njoe Tjoeb 4000 or Music Hall CD25?

I'm facing a CD upgrade, and I'm in the same boat. Please let us know how you decide.

Jeff
zenaissance,

my comment about the music hall cd-25 is really based soley on political reasons. Just becuase my country gives China favorite nation status does not mean I will by products from their, or other countries as well. I believe that there are other factors involved than purchasing any product, even a t-shirt, but that is just my opinion.

As far as the product goes, I have no idea how it sounds because unless one of my friends has one I would never go out of my way to listen to it.