PS Audio P500 vs VPI SDS

Will plugging your TT's motor into the P500 yield the same benefit as plugging it into the VPI SDS? The P500 has a "Multi Wave" feature that generates pure 60HZ AC.
aisip
As Jimbo 9 states do not run a ac motor in a multiwave setting it will damage it. It needs 60hz sine wave. Keep in mind the p500 has several settings in multiwave.
I have a p600 and have my VPI TNT JR pluged into it at 60 hz sine wave and it does not sound fast as I know the SDS will run at 57 hz, the SDS is more accurate. I would recomend the SDS over just plugging it in the p500 but on the used market thats 650 bucks than you allready have assuming you have a p500. David
Once again I realize I am wrong. I was on PS Audios site thinking of upgradeing my p600 from mutiwave I to multiwave II. Noticing that the p500 has the multiwave II and tubewave. With multiwave II in sine wave 50hz to 120hz it can be adjusted in 1 hz increments, giving you more control in a AC motor. Multiwave I is in 5 hz increments in sine wave 50hz to 120hz. There you go , keep in mind every thing else pluged into will be at the same setting. David
Thank you for all the great responses. Mr. Cylinderking, you just saved me a bunch of dineros! You da' Man!
I recently needed service on my PS500 and spoke with an engineer with the Company. He indicated that the Sine setting would be best for my TT and would provide a great source for my tube pre, tube pre-pre and CD player. My system operates at about 50% and the noise floor has dropped. The Mitchell Orbe is also dead on 33 1/3. By the way, they did the repairs free and paid the transportation costs even though I'm not the original owner.