The truth about interconnects - can you handle it?

Warning: Following this link may be hazardous to your perception of reality.

http://www.audioholics.com/techtips/audioprinciples/interconnects/audiocablesreligion-or-science.html
redbeard
HISTORICAL INFORMATION:

before 80's people did not hear substantial differences in interconnects as they "hear" it right now since some of them rich the cost of diamond necklace(yo gotta be keddin' if they don't improve sound!)

so the hearing abilities is much greater nowdays than back than. think about it we now even hear an audio furniture!
I guess gravity did not exist till Newton discovered, and North America was not a part of the world till Columbus stumbled across it too!
People like Bomarc who claim to have the answers based on science delude themselves. Just because nobody has found a way to measure the differences yet doesn't mean they don't exist. It simply means this area of research is in it's infant stages. Infants should not be allowed measuring devices!!!
I suppose the study in Germany in which classical music conductors are seen to hear more than the untrained listener should be ignored since there obviously is not more music being played when they listen as opposed to the average listener!
The biggest problem science has is the pedestrian who actually knows very little that takes something a much wiser person has said and repeats it without understanding what it means.
Every interconnect is different! If you cannot hear the difference you are in the wrong hobby! If you can hear the obvious, just forget the 'junk scientists' who claim you delude yourself and enjoy the music!!!
It seems to me that a corollary of the Audiophilic Truth (everything makes a difference) is "no two things sound the same" - upon which an industry thrives.

To compare the current state of electrical engineering with pre-Columbian or pre-Newtonian scientific knowledge is specious. Physicists and electrical engineers know how wires work. Their properties are not difficult to understand, and my guess is that their performance differences, if any, can be measured by current technology, from a satellite.

Do I think all interconnects sound the same? No. But many of them do sound the same and the differences I hear in the others are very small, less than what happens when you move your head (except in the case of some cables I have heard that are apparently designed to attenuate either the low end or the high end). Just out of curiosity, how do you people who hear all these big differences control for the position and attitude of your personal measuring apparatus (the ears mounted on your head)?
Nrchy, do you really think that we cannot explain why cables sound different ? Personally I think we can, which is why the cables that people consistently rank the best show similar physical characteristics, whether it be minimum capacitance, minimum inductance, or stable, known impendance ... depending which is the key design parameter for the use of that cable.

I agree with you that "scientists" who claim that all wire sounds the same based on their limited science are misled. On the other hand scientists who claim that cables do sound different, and that in virtually all cases there's a simple explanation why they sound different, are being totally honest, and are probably correct.
Well said, Sean, except that I know of no one with any scientific credentials whatsoever who claims at all wire sounds the same. That canard was actually invented by the "everything sounds different" crowd, because it's easier to refute something that clearly isn't true than to take on the arguments your opponents are really making.