Bringin' that thrift-store smell home

For the past few months I've been avidly (my friends say compulsively) searching the local thrift stores for LPs. I've found some great recordings, but as I accumulate more and more of them I'm finding that my house is smelling more and more like a thrift store. I expect that many of the LPs I've bought have been stored in damp places and have become moldy, even though they look fine.

Has anyone else faced this problem? Any ideas for deodorizing LP jackets? Thanks.
abysmillard
there is very expencive tweak could be bought call "Rainbow" vacume cleaning and filtering machine made by GE. all you have to do is to place it next to the smelled area, turn it on and it will filter the air arround.
costs about $1.7k.
if you're using record-cleaning machine you might ask for some scentic from the record cleaner manufacturer:-)
Buy some moth Balls and spread them around. That should eat it up the smell...:-).
Now that I've finally stopped laughing at Basements post, here is a product that I find works well at eliminating this problem.

http://www.punati.com/Page.bok?file=Orig12.html

After you have a look at it, typing the name at Google gets lots of hits for retailers.
I had this problem with rugs I purchased in India recently. The smells seem to be the result of bacteria and oils. I spread baking soda on the rugs and let them stay in the sun for a day or two, where they could get a good blast of UV light. Then I vacuumed the powder off, reapplied, and waited another couple of days. The smell is 95% gone. I'm going to try again next weekend...

If the smell in the house bothers you, you could look at room air filters. ConsumerReports.com has a really good article on the subject and rate the Whirlpool models far, far above the awfully performing sharper imagine "Ionic Breeze" type-products.