Rega P25 Tonearm Lift

Here is my stupid question of the day. Hopefully somebody can help. I installed a Grado Sonata cartridge on my P25. Alignment and tracking force are set correctly. My problem is that the height of the cartridge doesn't allow it to clear the LP when using the tonearm lift lever. I have to manually pick the tonearm off the record when done listening. Does anybody know if the lift is adjustable-the manual makes no mention of it. Or-has somebody run into this with there own setup and perhaps developed a 'rig' for it? Any suggestions would be appreciated.
sg69
Sure TWI,thats fine.
I wonder though,why anyone would be bothered by a hum when the arm/cartidge is past the lead out groove of a record but not be bothered by the surface noise many LP's have...can you answer that? Or anyome else?
I think Hackmaster described the hum issue very well and I agree with him 100%
My findings are the same as his.
David, I don't know why they are bothered by it, they just are. They post threads looking for answers why. So I tell them why. If they can live with it, fine. If it doesn't happen to their table, fine. I don't want people to have problems with their analog rigs. If they are happy, they feel better about their music.

As far as saying that it doesn't make an audible difference, I wouldn't be totally sure of that. Just because the hum is reduced below audibility when signal is running, does not mean that it is not affecting the cartridge's magnetic field.

My opinion is that if there is enough hum field strength to make an audible hum, then it is strong enough to influence the magnetic performance of the cartridge, whether the influence manifests itself as hum, or not, while playing.

My point is that even though many people like Grado cartridges, and find them musical, there are other cartridges that are also musical, that do not behave this way on Rega TTs. So I simply conclude that to avoid potential problems of this nature, use a different cartridge on Regas. I really don't think that this is a radical point of view. To me it seems to make alot of sense.

I understand that you have this combo, and are not experiencing this problem, and that is good. I also understand that you may be sensitive to statements like the one I made, because it goes contrary to your selection. But I did not make the statement to irritate you. And I specifically said it did not happen in all cases. But it is quite common.

As far as people not wanting hum, but accepting pops and ticks, perhaps they feel that hum is an avoidable circumstance, and would rather do without it. I know I feel that way.

And also, if I started a thread, as a new TT user, and asked a question about using a Grado with a P3, and everybody said it was fine, and I got a hum problem, I would be wondering what was wrong. Then when I found out that is was a fairly common problem, I would be wondering why nobody told me about it when I asked about this combo. Doesn't this make sense to you? Am I wrong to tell them?

Anyway the subject is closed as far as I am concerned.
Enjoy the music.
Hackmaster is dead on concerning both points. I adjusted the hex screw and it's fixed. As far as the hum between the Grado/Rega combo I guess I'm one of the lucky ones. The only hum you hear in my listening room is coming from the artists...who'd be damned impressed with how good they sound! THANKS FOR THE HELP!!!!
Sg69..Im glad your problem is solved.
re:hum- I dont think you are one of the lucky ones.
This 'hum issue' is bull and gets old.
I bet if you raise the arm and put it near the spindle and turn the volumn up fairly loud you will hear a low level hum.
It cant be heard during music or between tracks so you have to make an effort to hear it.
David, you're treading some pretty dangerous ground here. I tried to be nice about this. Calling my statements "bull" is not conducive to good rapport with me. Please discuss this in the area of "opinion", as I did. Thank you.

And I have not mentioned this at all since our agreement, even though an old thread on this popped back up again on this page. The post was old, and I cannot remove it.