Tired of SS amp.

Going back to tubes,the pass x 350 is a great amp but just isint it. Any thoughts on amps.Monos only.Connsidering ?
Cary 211m, Atmasphere Ma 1 mk2,Lamms ml1,Conrad Johnson Pr.5 or 8s.
steve
128x128henriques
While i'm not real familiar with a lot of different tube gear, i too liked the Atmasphere stuff that i've previously heard.

As to your Pass amp being the problem, i would probably chalk it up more to lack of system synergy than the amp NOT being a fully capable performer. Unless you've literally tried a LOT of various gear and cables with it and your speakers at the heart of the system, you may never find out exactly what makes it tick and how to get it to all blend together. While i'm not saying that you can make something that initially resembles a "dirty diaper" sound good by careful system matching, the results might really surprise you. Sean
>

Steven, I'm with Sean & Delancey: system matching is paramount. What's the rest of yr gear (speakers, pre)? Incidentally I've heard the Cary & CJ 8s and found the latter more bass heavy than the former --- but, that's no indication of performance in yr system...
Yes i shoulf of mentioned that.
Wasia 861
Synergistic des. ref. IC balanced ,active sheilding
PASS 350
syergistic des.ref. speaker
dunlavys sc4 a,s
I fill the system was solid. Was never fatiqued during listening and usually listen for hours. (not like there is anything on tv)
Tubes just have that life like sound
thanks steve
With your Wadia and your Dunlavy's, another good match is the bat VK60 monos or the new VK150 monoblocks.