What's your profession? Age?

Just thought after the "how much is your system worth" post that it would be nice to see what all these people do to get $80K systems, and perhaps how long it takes. I'm a 29-year old economist for the gov., just completeed my Ph.D. last month, and my system is at about $10K. Just a pup hoping to keep upgrading...
128x128felthove
own a retail business for 30 years.age 50, system cost about 40,000 changes all the time.
Retired electrician with an american auto manufacturer (54 in August), so I'm not feeling too secure at the moment. I would like to become a Tycoon...is anyone willing to sell their tycoonery?
I own a calibration laboratory as well as a refurbished/rental test equipment company. 45 years old for two more weeks!!! With my first paycheck from the lumberyard when I was 16, I bought a Panasonic quad 8 track player, had 4 speakers in a 6x8 room that my parents wouldn't let me listen to unless they weren't home. I've constantly traded up and traded both stereo equipment and test equipment to get where this system is now so even though it retails at about 180k (ugh), it cost much less I hope. I started hi-end about 10 years ago, and still have about 10 pairs of speakers sitting around the house.