What's your profession? Age?

Just thought after the "how much is your system worth" post that it would be nice to see what all these people do to get $80K systems, and perhaps how long it takes. I'm a 29-year old economist for the gov., just completeed my Ph.D. last month, and my system is at about $10K. Just a pup hoping to keep upgrading...
128x128felthove
Insurance claims adjuster, residential fire damage. 51 yrs old. Total system (new retail) value of $16,935.00, including wires. I'm done for a while except I may replace the Creek passive pre-amp with an active. Will never give up my Air Tight 300B amp, would like to find another (used) for bi-amping.
new job and be older, so that I will have to re-post my answer every once in a while!! :)
Greetings gentle readers,
I'm a 54 year old Gemini (with Scorpio rising) and work as a technical consultant for a German car company. The real job breakdown would be that one of our dealer technicians can't fix "your" car and calls me to pass the buck. I have no-one to pass the buck to and so every phone call from the dealer is an interesting challenge. I don't always have an answer, some days a full moon is my best shot at a fix.

My current system is worth about 15K retail but my software expenditure is obscene. I love this site and the diverse personalities it harbors.
Riverside County (CA) Deputy Public Defender. 48 years old. Only represent innocent criminals. System is about 5K.
Nasty wicked hedgie. 34. Only short really bad companies :^). System about $20k(?) retail but all bought used/demo.