Power Wedge 1 vs Furman Elite 15 PF

I have the choice of buying one of these used, which would be my best option in terms of protection and sound quality?

Thanks in advance :)
mr_elusive
Keith - Off the topic but...I use a black Sharpie marker to tame down excessively-bright lights on components. It might not work as well on a big wide light like the Furman's, but if it doesn't look successful, a damp paper towel and some rubbing will take it off. I've done it several times now and it's greatly improved the listening experience in the dark.

Arthur
Budget idea from Furman.

I purchased a Furman PF-Pro R POWER FACTOR LINEAR AC POWER CONDITIONER brand new from a seller on Ebay for less than $200 a few years ago. This is a rack-mounted line conditioner designed for use by professional musicians. I LOVE it! It improved sound staging and for video sources plugged into it, improved picture-quality immensely. I bought a second one for my bedroom system. What a value!

Look this unit up at the Furman website. The specs are very similar to the Elite 15 PF and that is why I gave it a try.

I had my Hi-Fi dealer contact Furman to ask what the differences between the Elite 15 PF and PF-PRO R might be. He mentioned that the Elite has "star-grounding" and the PF-PRO R does not. I have not given the 2 units an A/B, so I can't confirm this leads to an audible/visible difference in performance.

Good luck!

Kurt Buechler