An Audiogon based system

Hello,

Just wondering if anyone (like me) has built a complete system with purchases totally from Audiogon...?

I just recently completed my system and I think, for the money, is sweet music to my ears. So it would be interesting to hear your experiences and what sort of system you have built with purchases from Audiogon!

As for my system, these are the components;

Sony X3000ES CD player
Audionote DAC Zero
Audionote M-One pre
Monarchy SM-70 Monoblocks
Magnepan MMG speakers
Soniclink and Jinsanity silver interconnect cables
Eichmann solid core speaker cables

Total cost - $2,800

If there are any questions on any of the components or sound, just shoot and I will gladly answer them!

Cheers!

HL
hlgoh2006
The only way to go. MSRP (who pays that?) on my equipment is $13,000+. Cost me around $3,600. Some of it is in new condition, some not so new, but all functioning perfect.
Yeah, I agree that using Audiogon is a great way to put together a system. I believe that I have put every piece of my system together using Audiogon, (speakers, amps, preamp, turntable, tonearm, cartridge, cdp, tuner, & cabling), with the exception of my stands, (which were bought from a local dealer who was blowing them out as Demo pieces). I would say that I put together my system for about 40% of MSRP, and most of it was, at most, a couple of years old, or in the case of my speakers, brand new, still sealed in the boxes.
Sony X3000ES CD player (and the X5000 too) has to be one of the coolest looking components. It is a piece of visual eye candy. The user selectable digital filter is a nice option. I have one in my second system, used as transport in to a modified Museatex Bitstream. No, it isn't a Forsell, but I love this little guy.

Scott
Almost a complete Audiogon system. My CD player, my preamp, my turntable, and all of the cables were purchased through Audiogon. With the exception of a few tubes and my amp which was bought used, but purchased directly through the manufacturer, everything I own has been siphoned off of Audiogon. Pretty amazing, if you think about it. As much as I grumble about the classified fees (and particularly the editing procedures that happen within the forum), I actually owe a lot to Audiogon.