Azimuth question

I was recently checking the azimuth setting on my cartridge with a test record in which track 2 should be left channel only and track 3 is right channel only. Well, I was trying to listen to each channel to see if I can hear any crosstalk and then I realized that my new VAC Sigma has 2 bias lights that light up for each channel when music is being played.

My question is,if I did not see any light on the right channel lights when playing track 2'of the test record and no light,on the left channel lights when playing track 3, can I conclude that my azimuth is properly set or is this just a very blunt indicator of crosstalk?
andarilu
Thanks again. Your review of the 3d arm is what motivated me to take the plunge so I will definitely take your advice on the Foz.
Love my Foz. Check out Michael Fremer's recent blog on Analogplanet re calibrating the Foz.
Yes. I saw Mickey's article. Looks like calibration is a must.

Anyway, I put my order in and should be receiving my Foz shortly. Not sure when I'll receive my 3d arm though. Still haven't received confirmation from VPI that they got my order. Seems like they're real busy these days.
..just some things to add about the Foz. Be absolutely sure you are using a brand new battery. Old batteries may seem to work, but are best tossed. Sometimes the meter doesn't work. If that's the case, the meter has very long extensions on it that may be touching the case from within. Either tape the case or the meter connections. Enjoy.
I don't want to throw cold water on the Foz, but after reading the articles about the need to calibrate it and then noting that calibration is not exactly a simple matter, I am even more prone to stay away from it. Its accuracy depends upon the stability of the voltage from a 9V battery. First of all, I can say from having measured a number of new 9V batteries that the baseline "9V" is an approximation at best. They tend to deliver slightly more than 9V when new. Some can be at 9.2V, some at 9.4V, etc. From what I was able to glean, those tenths of a volt differences can affect calibration of the Foz. (One guy who responded to Fremer's blog noted that his Foz told him to tilt his cartridge by 15 degrees to obtain optimum crosstalk!!! Either his cartridge is grossly faulty or the Foz is way off, and odds are it's the latter.) So, it is a given that you need to calibrate every time you replace the batteries. Then there is the issue of the effect on calibration of voltage drift or corrosion on contacts or etc. I'd like it better if the battery fed a voltage regulator, but that might result in a prohibitive size for the Foz. Another option might be an outboard PS that plugs into the wall to power the Foz and delivers a well regulated constant 9VDC to it. That way, you calibrate once or at the factory, and forget it. I was surprised that Fremer documented so well the need for frequent calibration and then went on to confirm his strong endorsement. True, there is not much competition.