Help me improve Rega P2

Wondering about the most (cost) effective tweaks to improve my P2. Currently have a Goldring Elektra cartridge and feeds into a Creek OBH-8 phono stage and then into solid state preamp and amp. Speakers are Symphonic Line Legato. I would think that a new cartridge might provide biggest change but wonder what others would think. Considering the Rega Bias 2 or Elys 2 mostly for ease of installation and alignment as well as presumed synergy. Certainly I'm open to other suggestions. Other considerations would be a new sub-platter(the one from Argentina) or new mat. Should mention that I have the glass platter, white belt and thick felt mat. Don't really have a specific complaint about the current system except that I suspect it can sound better. Perhaps more full sound or better bass. Willing to spend up to $300 so not interested in suggestions to get a better TT.
Thanks in advance. Jim
jmg1949
When I had my P2, i saw the biggest improvement after doing the Incognito tonearm wire upgrade.

I don't know anything about an Argintinian sub platter, but I had great results with the one from groove tracer.
With a non suspended table vibration is the evil enemy. My Rega P9 has made a solid improvement by replacing the stock feet with Foculpods. Everything is more relaxed and cleaner, for about $30 the risk is nil.
Try some different turntable mats.. I replaced my original felt mat with an Audioquest Sorbethane mat, this was back around 1991 and it was an immediate improvement.. I think the paper and cork mat from Ringmat... this is an audible improvement over the stock felt mat.
OK. Sell it and but a VPI
It will be improved

Seriously forget the tweaks and buy a new MC cartridge
Nice system...you made some good choices. Like others and yourself have mentioned, the Goldie is the weakest link. I'm big Shure fan, so a vintage V series or the even the current 97 cart would be a nice upgrade. The 97 is on the mellow side so its not for every system. Sumiko blue point is also classic solid performer, as are Audio Technica, ortofon,etc. I am not familiar with Rega carts.