The issue of lowballing... What does that mean?

I LOVE Audiogon. I have purchased and sold many items here and it is a wonderful resource for audio nuts of every variety. Big solid state, tubes, analog, vinyl? Sure it all goes.

So I see posts that are make offer but the seller says "lowballers" will be ignored, vilified, cursed and cussed. So why have a make offer sale? Something is worth what someone is willing to pay for it. It doesn't matter what you paid for it, or how much you love it. And why be upset? Declining requires one mouse click. Countering maybe five or six clicks or keystrokes. Just curious as this is a commerce site.

I have received offers that seemed really low to me, but I am still happy to have interest and I always counter offer. I recently sold a Clearaudio TT for a lot less than I thought it was worth. But all the offers were low and I had to rethink my view. It ultimately sold as a real bargin but I'm happy and so is the buyer.

Your thoughts?
128x128superbike
How can you be confused, unless you are or defend lowballers? I make fair deals, and it WILL be a fair deal by both parties, whether you like it or not, when it comes to something I sell or buy. Why does this seem to be the only place that lowballing should be accepted? Why isn't lowballing accepted at the gas pump, grocery store, retail shops, car dealerships, hospitals, and other places? If YOU want to lowball, go ahead, just butt out if I am selling something that I know is a fair price. If for some reason the price isn't fair, I'll just keep it. Please, just get out of the way and move on. Happy listening.
Im pretty sure no intellegence can be gained by allowing this thread to continue please close it so people don't become dumber for reading it.
"You seem to have a big problem paying a fair price for things, and seem to have self entitlement issues. See a doctor. Maybe you can lowball him for his charges. Get well soon."
Polk432,
I do not really care about your transactions. YOU DON"T SEEM TO GET IT!!
You have NO idea what I pay for things... Your attempts at justifying your contempt towards "lowballers" is amusing.
Nobody is telling you how or who to sell your precious gear.
My IQ has dropped significantly since this debate started with you so... goodbye, good luck and I hope your understanding of the written word takes a turn for the better...although I doubt it.
Orelayer, your IQ (or what's left of it) is low to begin with so maybe you should stop reading all of the blogs on here before it becomes worse. My understanding of the written word seems to be as good as anyone else. You can't argue with success. Get well soon, and enjoy your lowball life.