The issue of lowballing... What does that mean?

I LOVE Audiogon. I have purchased and sold many items here and it is a wonderful resource for audio nuts of every variety. Big solid state, tubes, analog, vinyl? Sure it all goes.

So I see posts that are make offer but the seller says "lowballers" will be ignored, vilified, cursed and cussed. So why have a make offer sale? Something is worth what someone is willing to pay for it. It doesn't matter what you paid for it, or how much you love it. And why be upset? Declining requires one mouse click. Countering maybe five or six clicks or keystrokes. Just curious as this is a commerce site.

I have received offers that seemed really low to me, but I am still happy to have interest and I always counter offer. I recently sold a Clearaudio TT for a lot less than I thought it was worth. But all the offers were low and I had to rethink my view. It ultimately sold as a real bargin but I'm happy and so is the buyer.

Your thoughts?
128x128superbike
Polk432
"If you had the means you wouldn't lowball." That is by your definition of lowball and so wrong on so many levels.
You keep bringing up "buy it now" offers.. Why? Who is talking about that? You probably could get ahead of me in a revolving door...only you would be going in the wrong direction.
Retiring at 49 isn't exactly someone that took the wrong directions in life, like sticking up for lowballers. Keep right on defending lowballers, they are losers just like you. You can't win and you know it. You'll probably break something expensive (if you own anything expensive) before this blog is over. Enjoy your purchases, and whatever you do, don't spend all of your money in one place. Peace out. Hope you didn't get any dizzier than you are now while you were in that revolving door. I now return control of your mind.
"Get well soon Orelayer" Thats the best you got?
Please explain why making a low offer is trying to cheat someone? People know what their gear is worth. If sellers want to sell for less you call that cheating someone? You seem to have an issue with thinking people are out to get you. It is a common theme in your posts regarding this issue
Dear Polk432,
How sad you are. All you do is talk about yourself and try to defend yourself. I am just talking about the issue of "lowballing".. Retiring at 49 means ABSOLUTELY nothing. Why do insist on making this about you? Did you retire at 49 so you could live in your parents basement?
BTW Your sophomoric attempts at humor failed.
No one is out to get me because I know what I'm doing. If sellers don't want to sell for less why should they. The buyer can make a lower offer on a make offer or try their luck in an auction if they want to. I recently sold a custom pool cue that was listed for 1299.00 I was offered 800.00 by a lowballer. He wanted the build sheet, cost sheet and other information, so I sent it to him. He became very upset when I explained that for 800.00 was not a fair price and that there was no way I'd sell it for that. I sent pics and he sent me some of some sticks he collected. It didn't sell and he kept emailing me, wasting my time and his. I relisted the cue for 999.00 to open and 1299.00 buy it now. I got an offer for 1200.00 so since I had no bids I told the buyer I'd relist it for 1200.00 buy it now. He bought it, and I shipped it that day. The buyer stated that it exceeded his expectations and is very happy with the deal. The cue was brand new, never chalked or shot with, removed from box for pics only and shipped in the case for added protection. The buyer is happy and it was a good deal for the both of us, but according to you, I should have sold it to the lowball bum, like an idiot. The lower offer the buyer made was reasonable not a lowball offer. Just have the means or butt out when it comes to buying from me. You seem to have a big problem paying a fair price for things, and seem to have self entitlement issues. See a doctor. Maybe you can lowball him for his charges. Get well soon.