Wave Kinetics NVS Turntable - Stereophile Review

For all owners, there is a good review in this month's stereophile - table reviewed with the Telos arm and with a Kuzma 4Point. Framer gives the nod to his Caliburn but a close call.
vicks7
To add my own 2 cents' worth, I'm running a direct rim drive with air bearing linear tracking arm, on a wall shelf. Yes, when I tap the plinth effects can be heard thru the stylus, but overall sound quality is way beyond my previous belt drive/pivoted arm which had much more substantial isolation.
What I can say is that speed stability over the course of an lp side is audibly more correct than belt, augmented by lack of arm related tracking errors.
"Hearing" accurate unvarying speed is like the music being 'faster' ie more dynamic, and 'slower' ie more relaxed, ALL AT THE SAME TIME!
How does tapping in the base bypass the suspension? All of the suspension is above it. Also, if the base is exicited by tapping it may also be excited by loud percussion?
Welcome back Thuchan,
I have missed you......and I really miss seeing your wonderful collection of vintage and modern audio equipment on your Systems Page.
Any chance of it returning?
Do you have any new great discoveries?

Regards
I agree with Halcro's basic sentiments, BUT what I would like to see Fremer do is to use a garden variety but generally well recognized tt as a "control" in his listening experiments. Then perhaps the vast majority of us who cannot and never will hear any of the 3 megabuck tt's in his own system can really appreciate what might be gained by doing so. Or, if he is capable of truly objective opinions, we would find out that one or another of the most expensive turntables in the world is really not up to snuff. I suspect there is a pretender or two among them, but we will never know about it, because S'phile and the audio press in general "protects" them.

I once exchanged a few direct emails with Fremer. He is really a nice guy, but he could not see that his owning the Caliburn must make him at least subconsciously biased in its favor. Or, to take the Raul line of argument, he has found in the Caliburn at device that colors the sound in a way that he prefers. Thus the Caliburn will win all shoot-outs in his system. This is perfectly all right on a personal level but does not benefit those who hang on his every word.