denon dl 103 w/ origin live silver mk II: help

I recently purchased a rega p3 with a origin live silver mk II tonearm mounted on it. It is hooked up via a musical surroundings mk I preamp. I had previously had a planar 3 with a denon DL 110 and was very pleased with the sound. So with the new deck I figured that I should go with a new cartridge. Enter the denon dl 103. No matter what I have tried (changing load settings, adding mass to the head of the tonearm), nothing improves the sound. It is shrill, sibilant, and fatiguing. I have had quite a bit of experience with mounting cartridges and always produced excellent results. I have been very pleased with rest of system sound wise. Is it just a bad match with my tonearm or do I just need to let it burn a lot longer. Suggestions???
micah79
I dont have much technical knowledge to pass on, but I current own a OL silver mk 2 on a OL table, and I used to have a musical surroundings mk1 phono stage. The silver is a medium mass arm and can accommdate a large variety of cartridges. The musical surroundngs is extremely flexible. Of course Im sure you already know this. I am considering getting a Zu modded Denon. Compliance with the denon should not be a problem, so I dont think its a compliance issue. I can t think of 2 possible issues: 1) Remember, when setting vta for the silver you look to see if the top of the arm is level with the lp, no the bottom of the arm like others. 2) That aside, I have heard the denon requires lengthy break in, perhaps thats the issue? Good luck
Thanks for the tips. I am going to give it another two weeks and maybe look into a higher mass body for it. If things don't settle down by then, it's back to the drawing board.
The vta was going to be my first course of action. But given the length of the base on the origin live tonemarm was not adequate to add an aftermarket vta adjuster. At least not while mounted on a rega p3-2000 plinth.
it will take more than two weeks for that silver to burn in. but it's worth it. get an old trashed record and run it continuous for 24 hours and see if you hear a change. 24 hours is not too much to lose on a cartridge life span.

actually you could get an old cart and run in the wire that way for a continuous week.