Benz Slr Gullwing vs Lp s

Hello to all,

I need help in choosing one of these cartridges. Has anybody compared these two cartridges? In two german reviews they say that the Slr is even better than the Lp s !? My turntable is a Garrard 301 with a Graham Phantom B-44. I had the Clearaudio Concerto which i broked and it wasn't the sound i was searching for. I want something more musical.
Thank you to all
agucela
I have an LP-S and run it on a phantom II with the stock counterweight with no problems. I upgraded from the LP. The LP-S is spectacular, much better than the LP. I couldn't be happier. My vinyl rig sounds phenomenal.
Nandric said: “But if micro ridge is superiour 'kind' than we will have no other choice. Ie every producer will use micro ridge stylus.Ie I am not aware that micro ridge is more expensive than Geiger. But than why is Ortofon using the same Replicant in the new Anna cart?

Nandric,

- I never said the micro-ridge is superior to all other stylus types. I simply stated in context that the total of the new Benz LP S, the subject of the thread, has performed at a higher level than the previous versions based on my experience with both. Basically the whole of the assembly which includes the micro-ridge improves upon the previous generation by a good margin based on my many observations of the LP and LP S. I think it’s safe to say that an expensive stylus does not always equal a better performance in all situations…

- You have to ask Ortofon that question about their stylus choice. Just maybe it’s because they feel it’s the best match for their designs.

Dre
Regarding he Geiger stylus...it was/is made by a Dutch company which couldn't supply Benz with their needs. Benz rejected many too many because Geiger tried to rush the supply. In MY opinion, the microridge shape is better than the others....listen to a Shure with a spherical, an eliptical, and a microridge stylus... you get much more information with a microridge.
Stringreen, The Geiger styli are produced by Geiger in Switzerland and the 'Dutch company' involved by both ,Geiger and Benz is Van den Hul. The styli (Geiger I and II) are designed by Geiger and Van den Hul while the Dutchman has an exclusive contract with the former owner of the Benz company which he sold to Lukatschek. Ie Lukatschek got Van den Hul with the company. You don't think that Van den Hul produces all his carts by himself?

Regards,