A Copernican View of the Turntable System

Once again this site rejects my long posting so I need to post it via this link to my 'Systems' page
HERE
128x128halcro
brad
the brass sleeve on the stainless shaft is just a spacer. it was easier to machine. i needed 1.18". machining 1.5" stainless would have been more difficult on the small lathe. so i chose to keep the shaft and mating hole at 1" and machine a sleeve using brass to bring the dia up to size.
i do not have any pics of it through the assembly. that would have been a good idea!
the shaft raises with the micrometer as it extends and lowers with gravity, when the micrometer is retracted. there is a light layer of grease between the shaft and it's mating hole in the base.
i could send you closer pics if you would like.
Hey Corby, I follow you. It also looks like the micrometer body was machined to screw into the top of the 1" shaft.

If you ever tear it down take some pics.

much appreciated
Brad
brad
the mic is set into a counter-bored hole in the top of the shaft and held with a small set-screw from the back.
there are many different mic heads available. just check out the starret website to find one that suits your application. they are appx $80.
don
<<I changed it over and over again and checked and double checked against the TT-81 and all the arms I had.
To make it even more difficult.....every arm has a different 'neutral' position from its base mounting as well as different extensions via its VTA adjustment. :^(>>>

Halcro, I feel ya and the end product makes you feel so good, kudos to ya. DIY makes you a appreciate the cost we pay for this stuff to a certain degree, others that don't diy just don't understand.

Brad
Thanks Corby, the final piece to me figuring your puzzle.

I'm going to draw this up in emachineshop.com to get and idea in cost between stainlees and brass with the adjustable outriggers optional.

It looks like your base is 3"h x 3"od?

Halcro this could be truely universal if there were differant length 1" shafts with differant length micrometer shaft extensions.

Brad