New Aluminum Platter from VPI

Has anyone tried the new VPI Scout II with aluminum platter? How does the new aluminum platter compare with the original VPI acrylic platter?

Is this platter compatible with the VPI Periphery Ring Clamp?

Can this new aluminum platter be used on the VPI Scoutmaster?
agiaccio
All I can say is, I'm glad I held onto my Aries 1. VPI has been more than a little schizophrenic lately. The 300 RPM motor was an upgrade, but its back to the 600 RPM motor for the Classic. Rim drive vs. belt drive; stand-alone motor vs. fixed motor; heavy platters to acrylic platters to all aluminum platters. I saved a lot of money by not upgrading.
'Gmuffley'-yes, apparently the 'Classic' is the VPI 'Everything You Know is Wrong' tt. Go figure.

And btw, re. my previous post, I missed that 'Stanwal' is a former VPI dealer. Apologies.
No apologies needed, I am a former dealer and am one once again after a lapse of 14 years. So I have missed out on much of the recent evolution of the tables and am trying to sort out the present course of the product. My source of knowledge is the web site just like everyone else. I like the non suspended tables but then I liked the old ones too. Different set of virtues. Overall I like the new ones a little better than the older ones THAT I HAVE USED. There are many that I have not. My main complaint as a dealer is that I have no real idea if the Classic is , for example, suppose to be better or worse than the Scoutmaster. Buying all of them is not an option as I am a very small dealer. VPI use to offer a very clear upgrade path, it was one of their main virtues. Now I find their line confusing, it may not be but I don't think they have given sufficient guidance as to what THEY think is the selection criteria for their tables.
Johnbrown, What custom pulley are you talking about? Having experimented at length with custom pulleys, I can report that some pulley designs add more problems than they solve. And there is nothing wrong with the Hurst motor-- unless you are dismissive of AC motors altogether.

BTW, a TTweights copper or copper/carbon fiber mat is an excellent alternative to VPI's expensive platter options.