How to Increase Turntable Height on High WAF Rack

I am finally getting a turntable for my primary system. My wife really likes the current rack - Billy Bags, 3 shelves, ext dimensions 40 inches wide by 20.5 inches deep by 20.5 inches high. I am getting the new Ayre/DPS and the table will obviously sit on the top of the Billy Bags. As I see it, I believe the table will be at least 7 to 8 inches lower than minimally acceptable. Hoping to get some guidance on what I could use, e.g., wood, granite, etc, to increase the height of the turntable. If it were only up to me, I would just get a new rack but I am trying to accommodate my wife, who has been extremely tolerant of my stereo largesse (sp?). Any suggestions?
4musica44107
You're going about this the wrong way. What you need to do is to make it look as ugly as possible. That way your wife will give her approval for you to get a new rack. Increase her committment by showing her a few pictures of racks she likes and let her make the final choice. When you buy, tell her it was "on sale". After you buy, reward her by suggesting she buy some new pairs of shoes...just because. It's only money. How long have you been married anyway...why don't you know these tactics? :)
Excellent advice Markphd. I copied your tactics into "Word" for future reference!
Any platform you place your tt on will affect it's sound. Therefore, you should choose that platform on it's sonic interface with your rig, not on it's 'height potential'. If you have a mate who's willing to allow your hobby gear into-well, I'm not sure which room, but presumably not a specific 'music room'-then I'd appreciate that fact, and realize that bending or crouching, if necessary, is the price to be paid. Seems a pretty small price.

When she starts demanding that you sit on the toilet when you take a leak, that's the time to put your foot down. Until then, a little give-and-take is key.
I am still laughing at some of the comments, particularly from Markphd and Johnbrown! All comments thus far are truly appreciated, and being made to laugh is always a good thing! Let me assure you all that I would rather kneel to use the turntable than do anything that would compromise its excellent sonics.

This system is in our LR, which has evolved into a combination stereo/living/music practice room. I only have space for the one rack, and my wife's objection to a higher rack is that the higher the rack, the less of a view is possible through the windows behind. (The window drapes are closed only when the stereo is in use.) No amount of shoes, jewelry, etc is going to get her to budge on this one.

Another solution I considered was to install the Ayre/DPS in my secondary system and install that system's TT (Basis Signature 2500/Vector IV/Lyra Titan 1) in the LR. That table with its calibrator base would largely resolve the height issue. But after A/B-ing the two tables, as good as the Basis is, I strongly prefer the Ayre/DPS, and the LR system is the better of my two systems.

Don Better of Don Better Audio will be installing the Ayre/DPS next Wednesday. We will know more about any negatives associated with its low profile once it's installed.

Please keep the ideas coming! Practical and humorous comments are equally welcome!
Have you considered placing your tt on a wall shelf? You will get isolation and any height you want.