Am I going sideways?

Hi all,
Fist post, so pleae be gentle. I have an original Townshend Rock circa 86-87 which I'm looking to offload. I'm considering a SOTA Sapphire (which I had previously, and loved)or a HW19 Mk 3 as a replacement. Will the changeover yield any benefits or should I stay where I am? I would be using A Dynavector XX on a RB300 on either set up, which also exists now on the Rock. Please advise
Roman
rotur
the saphire is a tiny step up from the rock, but hardly worth the money, if the rock is in great operating condtion and still does it for you.
Also am considering a vpi hw19jr upgraded. Is this more of a step up? The rock is in great working order, but am finding a bit flat sounding in my system. The rock is only the base model as it was produced in 1987. Have not been using the trough as i find it too fiddly
What's the rest of your system? You've got a *great* cart, your arm is decent, and I'm only familiar with your tt through name. You could throw a lot of money at your system and not (in fact, never) overtake your cartridge. In particular, perhaps your phonostage would be a better upgrade then your tt-at least, a better choice than the two decks you're looking at.

Saying that, the HW19 is a lively deck that might provide some needed PRaT to your system. I don't share the same enthusiasm that you do with the SOTAs but then, that's me.

And don't forget-since you're buying used, you're looking at more of a long term, low-dollar-outlay audition for these TTs than a real purchase-you can always re-sell for *at least* close to your purchase price.
I have a Musical Fidelity X-LP phono stage with a Krell 300i integrated amp, wiring escapes me re manufacturer but it is a godd quality ribbon wire with gold interconnects, speakers are Duntech Regents, so overall, reasonably modest but suits me well at this point in time. BTW PRaT?
Roman
If you're staying with your other components a SOTA Star vacuum would be a very real upgrade. Even with the vacuum I would still recommend the addition of the SOTA clamp.

I wouldn't go too high up the ladder with the Dynavector and Rega though.

I've owned 3 SOTAs and a couple of other tables. I own a Sota Nova (latest version) now and am extremely pleased.