Merrill tables

Anyone have experience with the "New" Merrill table? I owned one in the past. Bought it brand new in '84 for $900.00. The new ones look the same but they cost about ten times the original. I sold my table in '96 (should have just put it in storage). I'd like to get back into analog, I kept all my records but in these recessionary times reaching for a New one is tough! Are the new ones worth the price?
powder
I may be biased because I sell them but I can tell you every customer has been extremely happy with the purchase.
Also, the price has been dropped from $9500 to $5995 so it is only 6 times the cost in '84. For that, you get new and much improved components, most importantly, the machined springs that are superior to any wounded springs in other suspended tables. If you live near NJ, you may audition it at my showroom.
Vinh Vu
Norvinz
Authorized Merrill-Scillia Dealer.
there are lots of inexpensive and great tables out there. occasionally used merrill tables turn up as do modded ar's.
As I see it, the Merrills are most likely on par or even better than many tables from other's firms. But the problem I have with them and at the price point of 6000.00 as stated above
there is no sex appeal with this design. I mean 6000.00 and you get a table that looks like a somewhat pumped up AR table. I would rather have a table for that price that was more in tune with the term "Eye Candy". Thats just my thought on the Merrills. Sound is very important but I also want my other senses stimulated to.