Galibier questions

My wife has agreed to let me get a new turntable, so I'm seriously thinking of something in the Galibier / Teres lineage. My first choice is a Gavia with the Serac platter - I'd love to spring for the TPI platter, but I think that might be a stretch. Or I downgrade my tonearm plan (a triplanar.) I have 2 questions:
1) Has anyone tried a graphite mat, say a Boston Audio, on the Serac platter?
2) Reading through the isolation/support faq, I don't see any mention of using a Symposium platform. Has anybody tried that, maybe with a set of Stillpoints underneath?

Thanks
rsrex
I am waiting on a Stelvo armbord for my Triplaner and Galibier Quattro SE. I asked Thom about my future platter upgrade ( from the Serac) and he told me it would as big; if not a bigger upgrade then switching from my Moerch to the Triplaner. BTW you will love the Gavia no matter which platter you go for. Thom is wonderful to work with.
Peace
Vernon
I personally would go for the Triplanar and start off with the standard PVC platter. Thom is very good about allowing you to upgrade without penalty if you choose to do so at a later time. I have an earlier galibier/Redpoint and started with the PVC platter. I now have the TPI platter and yes it does sound better but the PVC platter is no slouch and sounds very good.
I've tried Stillpoints under my Gavia as a means of decoupling it from the granite shelf of my TT stand. It helped clear up the HF smear but at a cost of reduced LF impact. This also required adding spacers to the spikes that the motor pod sits on. Now I have the Gavia sitting directly on an aluminum plate about 1/2" thick and the Stillpoints are under the plate. To me this sounds much better, very good in fact, but I don't in any way claim this to be the best way to go.

A graphite mat is not going to get you any where near what the TPI surface does. In fact, I would not recommend any platter mat on a Galibier platter.

I agree with Dmailer, get the Triplanar and upgrade the platter later.