Steam cleaning records 2

Continuation of large thread.
thommas
crem,

distilled or 'super water' as you've mentioned is a search i have to do now where i live. there are a few manufacturers i have found online through business directories. going around might take a while depending on work load. am aiming to get triple distilled or the purest i can source from my city or another one.
Stevieboy , A potential solution. Locate the cleanest/freshest water ,available , gently boil for 2-5 minutes , then cool. Using a funnel pour the cooled water into a clean glass container with a threaded lid. Store in a cool place. With an eye dropper, splash 2 or 3 drops of clear bleach into the water,give a quick shake. The bleach is to retard bacteria growth & will not affect steam cleaning (NMT 3 drops per Imperial Gallon).

This method passed to me by an audiophile mentor for record rinsing. I think it an acceptable subtitute until other water options are sourced. All the best.
crem you're full of surprises! have noted that in case i cant get some distilled water. thanks once again!
Stevieboy , My pleasure to assist you. I hope you source a reliable water supply , say a medical supply house or dry goods store. All the best.
Bought a new Perfection.

Unfortunately it's no different. I can clean 2 records; after that I can only get 8 seconds of steam at a time - not enough to do a side of an LP.

I wait for the red light to go off (indicating the unit is ready to steam again), but still runs out quickly. Doesn't seem to matter whether I have a full tank or not.

It's as if the heating light goes off prematurely; I'm going to try waiting several minutes and see if it comes back stronger.

I'm very puzzled.