Directv music channel versus AM/FM Tuner ?

I'm sure most audiophiles use their seperate am/fm tuners to their system...

Are there any A'gon member did connect their Directv box to your pre-amp tuner inputs to use as your FM tuner that will goes to your whole audio system of course with free music from music channel and use directv remote as to change channel instead of fm station.If you decide to use directv music channel,then your music channel are very limited but non-stop of music from either the 40's,50's,60's,70's,80's,90's & etc...non-stop of music.

" EASY CONNECTIONS"
pescolar
No tuners for me. As some others have said, I use the DTV XM Sat stuff for background music when I'm doing stuff around the house. Good for syncing upstairs/downstairs systems.
I will say that XM is a lot better via DirecTV than through a satellite radio either car or home style. I had the free trial in my Honda and music was bad and talk, done at an even lower sampling rate, was worse. I would have liked to have the variety but the sound is awful using a Sat radio. If the quality was as good as DirecTV I would still have it in the car. I emailed them asking about sampling rates they use for both and they said they could not release that info.....

ET
I had the digital output from my dish HD receiver running directly into a B&K Ref 30 running 5 channel stereo. The Dish supplied Serius sound was incredibly good-like 96/20 untill a few months ago. Then, they replaced my favorite channel, serius 18 the coffee house, with contemporary alblum rock. Now it sounds like high compression MP3-really unlistenable. Don't know if the now XM owned serius downgraded the feeds to Dish or whether Dish downgraded the signal to add more HD bandwidth. But it really sucks compared to the previous outstanding sound quality and I really miss the Serius exclusive acoustic versions on many great songs recorded in their own studio.
Audiofeil:
I have a questions regarding about both MR-71 & MR-77 of yours.
which one of the two tuners sound better?
I never audition both but friends telling me to go for MR-71.
My system are:
pair of Mcintosh mc-225 (run as mono)
single Mcintosh mc-2100 .s/s.
Cary SLP-98L...pre
Jm Labs 936...speaker.

To Agon members,i am using Direct Tv XM for temporary only as everyone said it's good for backround music especially for family & close friends get together party.

The MR-71 is the best sounding tuner Mac has ever made. It is not the most selective or sensitive; that title belongs to the MR-78. However, in stock form, none of the other tuners sound better. The MR-67 is close.

The MR-77 is the high value Mac tuner. Frequently found in good shape for under $600, it has many attributes of the 71 and 78 but costs less than both.

Hope that helps.