New Lampizator Level 4/ Version 4 DAC in the house

Wonder if any other new owners of this DAC are out there as I find it to be the finest digital playback I have heard to date. This is the first digital front end piece of gear I have owned that has transformed my music.

Ya, other digital gear does this or that better, but this Lampy breaks through to a new level of musical enjoyment. Clear view into the music helping the speakers just disappear. Only 24 hours of break in and the music flows so sweet, intimate and seemingly without boundaries.

Looking under the hood I see an impressive power supply with films caps and several high quality chokes. Point to point silver wired except for the digital and USB boards. This is a three tube player that is tube rectified. One has the option for SS rectification if desired.

Ya, I love this Lampy!
128x128grannyring
"05-08-14: Lampizator
I am glad the Big 6 is liked, because more than any other DAC it is my baby and my favorite model. I use it at home myself.
Lampizator"

OK. Sir. In a sea of obsessive compulsive audio fanatics who live breath and eat the concept that the Flagship model MUST be the best, why would the guy who builds them and can chose whichever model he wants chose the model BELOW the flagship?!?!?

You are morally obligated to clarify this or we, as a community, will lose many sleepless nights trying to resolve this conundrum so foreign to us . ;)

Seriously though, dude A statement like that really needs clarification.
Waltersalas: Yes, for the moment I run the Mac Mini straight into the L6 with a Vue VU-3 USB cable.

http://www.vuedigitalcables.com/product/vue-cables-vu-3-audiophile-usb-cable/

I have an older Empirical Audio Offramp but it only has AES output. I would be curious as to any benefit of a state-of-the-art USB converter to SPDIF, but for now the L6 sound is magic. And using the one USB cable makes it easy for DSP once I start to buy such recordings.

Agear: I was a contractor for Guidant 10 years ago and then it got gobbled up by Bos Sci. Then I worked for Cameron Health, a very specialized defibrillator made in San Clemente, CA, but we too were gobbled up by Bos Sci. So I am back to the twin cities.
Lol, Mattnshlip,

Don't fret too much over the individual levels and numbers. As I tell customers, there are NO wrong decisions with LampizatOr, but its a custom company, so its your opportunity to do things exactly how you want.

I owned one of the first Big 6 DACs in the US as a customer and, now that I've taken over as co-distributor I'm typing this as a Big 7 makes beautiful music in the background...

The Big 6 is a fantastic DAC and feedback has been universally positive, but the Big 7 is significantly my preference.

Lukasz loves those R2R DACs and I'm sure others out there feel the same, but I honestly feel the Level 7 is more than deserving of it's higher ranking.
Hi, L6 is a pure redbook 16/44 R2R DAC, while L7 again is a 2014 technology 24 bit 384 kHz job. It handles all files. On red-book my heart is leaning to L6. I am just addicted to R2R multibit chips. I dont have any significant music collection on hi-rez so all I know are the silly samplers. (brrrr).
This is a wag but I don't think anybody said the 7 was the flagship it's just different