New Lampizator Level 4/ Version 4 DAC in the house

Wonder if any other new owners of this DAC are out there as I find it to be the finest digital playback I have heard to date. This is the first digital front end piece of gear I have owned that has transformed my music.

Ya, other digital gear does this or that better, but this Lampy breaks through to a new level of musical enjoyment. Clear view into the music helping the speakers just disappear. Only 24 hours of break in and the music flows so sweet, intimate and seemingly without boundaries.

Looking under the hood I see an impressive power supply with films caps and several high quality chokes. Point to point silver wired except for the digital and USB boards. This is a three tube player that is tube rectified. One has the option for SS rectification if desired.

Ya, I love this Lampy!
128x128grannyring
John,

1. Demand for the L7 has been quite overwhelming to the point that myself and my co-distributor are still awaiting our own personal/demo units to be able to show locally on Long Island, NY. Hearing the DAC at a show is your best option for the time being.

So far for 2014 were at THE Show in Las Vegas, Headfi in Cali, Headfi in NY and will be leaving on Thursday for AXPONA in Chicago (reminder all, come check out us in We have a cracker of a room shaping up in 432 where we'll be partnered with Vapor Audio, Purity Audio Design and Verastarr).

We will also be at T.H.E. Show in Newport Beach, the NY Show and possibly others. I know this is not the same as an in home audition, but we are dedicating a lot of time and energy towards getting our products heard by the masses.

2. Lukasz does not believe any of the tube options have a sonic advantage over one another necessarily, however 45 is the least micro phonic and coolest thermally.

3. No spinning disks or moving parts. There are two variations of the LampizatOr Transport. One is based on the Squeezebox DUET mainboard and the other is essentially a USB to SPDIF converter. Both are tube rectified units which offer a very unique TUBED spdif output.

4. I'm not sure anyone has made the comparison in this thread, only speculation. I will avoid adding my own subjective opinions.

5. Our USB input is very competent, but we have had people prefer going both with and without Offramps. I have not tried an offramp myself so I have no opinion either way.

6. That is a personal question. I have the DSD option but have used it exactly twice in my own home. Your PCM will never be true DSD, but you can convert it through software for use with the DSD section. If your computer is up to it, I believe "on the fly" is an option.

Thanks John and I hope to see some of you guys in Chicago this weekend!
Reminder to check out the L7 in person in room 432 at AXPONA. Our room is shaping up quite nicely.
Some great Axpona feedback:

From minute 21:30 ... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YrmbTDbvHPA

and
http://www.stereophile.com/content/vapor-audio-purity-lampizator