New Re-Issue Vinyl: Surface Noise, Ticks, Pops....

It seems that paying an average of 30.00 to get new 180-200 gram pressings is a lot of money. And I don't mind paying it for a good clean pressing. But is seems as though I usually end up with surface noise , crackling, pops etc.. It is so frustrating to wait for records to come and when I play them I hear a record that sounds like I bought it in a used record store. Has anyone ever mentally kept track of what interent distributor seems to have the noisiest or cleanest vinyl? Or perhaps the pressing company/label? Do you clean them before you play to clean the releasing agent or play them right out of the jacket? I love the sound of the grooves and I believe the sound is better but, I just would like to have a good clean copy. Am I wrong to expect a tick and pop free copy?
Back in the early days I usually didn't get the surface noise till I played them a few times. That was cheaper vinyl and about 4-5 bucks.
128x128theo
I notice the better cart the less these imperfectioins make it out of the speaker.....still there but less amplified.
I buy very little new vinyl and I'm very careful when I do: ie. I usually wait to hear from other listeners who have taken the plunge before me on reissues with respect to the quality of the vinyl or pressing. I have a few of the Music Matters Blue Notes on order because they seem to have a decent record so far with quality control (even though they're pressed at RTI) and I'll probably buy Speakers Corner (pressed in Europe) again because the few that I've ordered have been very good.

But I'm generally reluctant to buy new vinyl, particularly new North American vinyl, because of the horrendous quality control record it seems to have. I'm also not interested in buying new vinyl that's been digitally sourced or manipulated and that eliminates about 75% of the re-issues from what I can see.

I'd rather just buy old records that need to be cleaned. Generally better sounding and quieter pressings once run through the RCM. My success rate is very high with used vinyl and much of it is at bargain basement prices so if it doesn't work out I can simply toss the record without being upset. I'll also trade some of the used vinyl I buy to dealer(s) to fund purchases of new vinyl so, in the end, the new vinyl is really costing me considerably less.
... if they could make standard $7 records without pops, clicks, scratches, etc. 25-30 years ago there's no reason we shouldn't DEMAND at least the same quality from these "premium audiophile" pressings of today at $30+ each.

It's a damn shame that I can buy a used piece of vinyl, clean it up, and have it wipe the floor with a new audiophile pressing in terms of quietness.

I'm not asking for dead silent wax, but I am asking for playable vinyl which means no loud pops, crackles, etc. The ONLY ones who seem able to do this are the Japanese, the current MOFI stuff, and some European labels like Pure Pleasure (whos wax is dead dead dead silent...)
Back in the day albums were very automated vs today and were produced at higher speeds so I guess they didnt have as much time and labor to get dirty before landing in the sleeve?
I bought Thriller anniversary reissue double LP that was 180g and warped so badly my cart would not track.
I send it back and they send me less-warped record:)
Modern reissues are often garbage in quality. That is why i sore not to pay more than $15.00 for them.