VPI Scoutmaster platter/bearing install

I'm a new owner of a Scoutmaster and it arrived with the platter separate from the bearing (I assume bearing assembly, a 3" dia steel assembly that obviously fits within the center of the platter and has the threaded center spindle).

The fit of these 2 units is extremely tight and does not slide in easily. I mate them together and it seems as it needs to be tapped or possibly pressed in? Do I just need to exert a little more force?

VPI is currently closed (past 2 weeks) and I'd love to get this TT set up this afternoon.

Can anyone offer any advice on this?

Thanks.
b2sc
...the bearing was mounted on the plinth but the platter wouldn't slide on at all. No way would I have wanted to apply the force required while it was on the plinth.

I lifted the assembly off the plinth and installed it in the platter, then simply placed the entire platter w/bearing on the plinth. It's all good now.
ahh white lithium grease is what you are supposed to use and IME you shouldn't have to use any force. if it wasn't greased you may damage the bearing.
Do NOT tap it in...let it slide down by itself. Mine takes some time, but it will slide.
Cpk and Stringreen are right. Use a little dab of white lithium grease on top of the bearing. Then let the platter slide down by itself under its own weight. You are experiencing hydraulic pressure due to the tightness of the bearing and chase assembly. The air in the chamber is very slow to escape. If it is that tight it should slide down easily without banging the bearing. You do not want to let it go down hard on the bearing.
Enjoy