Best Cartridges for the Money You've Experienced

I'd like to ask those of you who have tried many a cartridge over the years to nominate ones that you feel are among the very best and are available today, new or used, at a substantially lower price than most of today's reference-level cartridges. Feel free to mention great cartridges from years past that still show up now and then on Audiogon.

I currently have a Koetsu Rosewood Signature mounted on an SME-5 arm. I'd like to go up from there in sound quality without having to rob a bank.
bolson
I'll give you Agoners a little heads up exclusive. I've had a cartridge in for review that is unique in the world. It's loved by Frank Schroeder and another major turntable maker who is a Very Prestigious Individual. It's The Voice by Soundsmith, Tracks at 1 gram and is a high output. What EVER cart you now have, you need to hear this if you have any kind of high end table. I'm using it on my TW Acustic Raven One and Graham Phantom. Just a heads up....
Dear Jimaxp: Well not so unique, that cartridge ( that is a great one ) is a MM type design ( moving iron ) and its design comes from the very similar B&O cartridges and in specific the MMC 1.

For a long time Sounsmith was the retip and refurbish " oficial " dealer of B&O very fine cartridges. They build similar B&O cartridges but with different cantilever material build.

The Voice is the top of the line ( and very special hand selected ) on the Soundsmith B&O type cartridges I never hear it but maybe I decide to buy one: Peter is a " fanatic " on it and love the music and the way " to make music " through cartridges.

Please if you can share with us your findings about.

I own some top original B&O cartridges and I already heard the Soundsmith ones ( two of them ) and all are really good. Take a look: http://forum.audiogon.com/cgi-bin/fr.pl?eanlg&1200430667&read&3&4&

Regards and enjoy the music.

Raul.
Thanks much to everyone who's responded, and especially to Raul for the gold mine of information. Now to buy a few cartridges!
General Electric variable reluctance ($10 NEW price 1957, $25 USED price 2008, stylus still avaiable at Radio Shack for $10.)
If you set up your turntable properly, there is no "up" only a trading of differences at your stage. Go spend your money if you must - mail me a check while you're at it