Best LP cleaner fluid for fingerprints

I have a VPI 16.5 and the VPI fluid that came with it. I also have some Super Record Wash. Neither of these seem to do well for fingerprint laden vinyl. Looking for recommendations of which type of cleaner to use with my VPI that will remove greasy fingerprints.

A_L
arnold_layne
Audiofeil is correct in his declaration of IPA not being used as degreaser in industry. Much more popular are the chloorinated solvents, which I would not recommend for cleaning of vinyl, however. A very effective 'degreaser', however, is steam!

Bob P.
Samuellaudio: My best answer is conditional; should the CD be smeared with greasy fingerprints most likely , should the CD have non-organic smears most likely from breath vapors to very mild cleaners will do.

LPs are side walled deep gorged affairs that can trap all sorts of junk, CDs flat and shiney ,no gorges here only surface junk.

Personally, I steam clean LPs and rarely CDs ;I find steam superior to the exclusive use of chemicals & RCM's. I have the RCM's , cleaners and steamers so I use them all very sucessfully to cleanse my record/CD collections.

I am taking this thread to acknowledge experiments with patient pending active micros created specifically to devower organic materals on non-organic surfaces including vinyl. The initial results are mind-blowing in terms of surface cleansing.The listening experience is so different on LPs and marketly improved for CDs. As far as I can tell from years of experimentation , no cleaner on the world-wide market does a better job. The product continues in the experimental phase and is not yet available/ released to the public.
hi,

Ok,you all are going to think I am nuts but here's how I clean my records. I learned this by cleaning fingerprints off of my telescope mirrors which have silver coatings a few microns thick. I don't use a brush on my mirrors but soft cotton pads instead.

I put 2 drops of a non scented detergent in a quart of distilled water, pour the solution over the LP and scrub with a cleaning brush (use any of your choice). Then I rinse it off in a hot water shower, rinse again with distilled water and air dry in a dish rack.

The LPs look like new and the fingerprints are gone

good listening

Larry