Stand out phono stages

This topic has been started before by others and myself as well, maybe too many times, but it is worth revisiting since the source is so very important!
So far I have had the pleasure to enjoy two worthy phono stages: the EAR 834p and the JLTI.
I have to admit they are spectacular. Obviously the record and all the equipment downstream play a role in the sound heard. In some cases I prefer the JLTI and in other cases the EAR. But neither out do the other dramatically.
What phono preamps outshine others by a big margin, those that can be considered the last phono preamp ever needed.
pedrillo
Herron VTPH-2 is quiet. Actually more quiet than some solid state phono preamps i have listened to. My VAC preamp with phono inputs is equally quiet. No hiss or tube rush.
Musical Surroundings Nova Phonomena. Unbelievable for the price. Better in my system than the EAR834p with premium Amperex Bugle Boys. Dead quiet, truthful, dynamic and wonderful PRAT. Love being off the grid!!! Music floats in an absolute silent black dimension.
Musical Surroundings Nova Phonomena. Unbelievable for the price. Better in my system than the EAR834p with premium Amperex Bugle Boys. Dead quiet, truthful, dynamic and wonderful PRAT. Love being off the grid!!! Music floats in an absolute silent black dimension.
ASR Basis Exclusive. I have the blue board version. It's a tad warmer (although less resolving) than the newer gold board version but I think it's right in the sweet spot of my system. I don't think I'll be needing another phono stage ever. Can't imagine what could sound better that was attainable price wise. Now if I could only get an Emitter to match!
See review(s) from Audiogon below site:
http://forum.audiogon.com/cgi-bin/frr.pl?rprea&1330286889&&&/New-Valve-Order-SPA-II-Tube-preamp