Galibier owners How do you like your music now?

Galibier Design owners.
What prompted you to purchase one of these tables?

What did you own for a turntable and arm prior?

Overall,how did you find Galibier to deal with?

What brand of arm are you using with yours?

I am considering the Gavia model with the Serac platter and Tri-planer arm.

Many Thanks for your comments.
stiltskin
Gentlemen,your testimonials have put me at ease considerbly.

Jazdoc ,I will look forward to your impressions on the Stelvio table, Triplaner and the Dynavector.
Word for word.....I concur with Jazdoc! I also wanted to make a final decision on a TT since I am a vinyl only user. I spoke with Chris, met and spoke with Thom and met and spoke with Jeffrey. All are top notch and will be in your corner. I decided on the AC Raven with Tri arm and Dyna XV-1S through Jeff at High Water. But YOU CANNOT GO WRONG with Thom or Chris and their fin tables as well. All three gentlemen and knowledgeable and offer complete service.

Rick (RWD)
Howdy Stiltskin,

I am buying a Quatro (the one currently listed on the Bargin Bin-on the Galibier web site) from Thom. I have not owned a TT in thirty five odd years. This purchase includes a Triplaner and Universe cartridge.M
My digital front end varies between two set ups. An Audio Note dac and transport and a Wadia cdp. Slowly I have become disenchanted with cd's.

My decision path for this purchase included:

1. Buying from a small but passoniate manufactuer.
2. Not getting caught on a steep upgrade curve.
3. Putting the pleasure back into listening.

Thom meets all the qualifications of number one. Hopefully, the above gear will meet the second qualification, and the proof for the third metric will come soon.

Thanks Rick,

Changeout, So your the guy that bought that combo.

When you take delivery of them,I sure would be interested in your impressions back to vinyl after all those years.
Another satisfied Galibier owner here. I have owned a Gavia for 3 1/2 years, and it replaced a VPI 19 III/JMW 10 and Thorens TD-124/Moerch DP-6. The Galibier was a substantial improvement sonically over both tables. I have a Triplanar VII on the Gavia, but I have also used a 12" Moerch DP-6, the VPI arm, and an Audioquest PT-6. The Triplanar sounds best of course, but the table sounded great with all of the arms.

When I started out, I had what is now known as the Serac platter and later upgraded it to the Gavia platter. There is quite a stepup in sonic performance between the platters so if you can stretch to get the Gavia platter from the outset, I would highly recommend doing so.

Thom Mackris is very knowledgeable and is a straight shooter. He is also a terrific guy to deal with.

I have talked to or corresponded with many Galibier owners over the years, and I have never heard any complaints or reservations about the table. In fact, I also cannot recall anyone changing from a Galibier to another brand. That's pretty unusual in this hobby.

When I bought the Gavia, I intended for it to be my final turntable. That still holds true today. No regrets whatsoever.

Dave