Record Sleeves - Which ones and where?

I'm looking to replace all of my record sleeves with better ones. I've seen polyethylene, polypropylene, and rice paper lined. What's the difference? I'm looking for the best place to buy them too. Is it worth getting outer sleeves too? Please advise. Thanks!
spenceroo
I second Markd51's recommendation for the Poly Lined Paper Sleeve and the resealable Japanese Sleeves that both Elusive and Music Direct carry.

The out sleeves are excellent and also completely clear (nice to see the the cover) and it is very to easy to read the spine of the LP. They look the best on the shelf too.
Far West Records is a nice mom and pop near LA with better prices than the above, especially if you're out West. No website! ph: 626-335-5544.
Sorry for being dim, but what are outer sleeves, why are they important and how do they protect the LP from wear, tear and dust? I've heard of plastic covers used to protect the album cover, but never heard of an outer "sleeve" that could protect the vinyl record itself. Thanks.
Thanks for the tips guys. As far as the outer sleeves(Hartwerger, I believe the "plastic covers" and "outer sleeves" are one in the same, and keep your albums from getting scuffed up), I like the idea of a thicker 6 mil sleeve (thanks Markd51!). I've been looking at the 3 mil, but I've never used any outer sleeves and so I don't know what the quality will be like. Do the outer sleeves fit snugly or are there edges that will fold under when I place the albums on shelves and end up taking away valuable real estate on my shelves with the "bunching up" of the plastic on the bottom?
Hartwerger -
Outer sleeves in my experience are typically larger and heavier gauge plastic "envelopes" that will accomodate the entire LP package...vinyl w/inner sleeve + jacket. I don't have these on all my LPs but where I do my practice using them with inner sleeves is to insert the Lp into the inner sleeve with the open end of the inner sleeve facing up or "North". Slide the inner sleeve into the record jacket (maintainng open end North) and then insert the record jacket open end first into the outer sleeve. The open end of the outer sleeve is at the spine end of the record jacket. The open end of the inner sleeve is pointed at the top of the inside of the record jacket. Dust (to anthropomorphize) trying to get in has to make a few 90 degree turns to get to the vinyl.