Why Merlins sound better then Sonus Faber

Why do Merlin Speakers 1/5 the cost of SF sound better then even the top Sonus Faber models? or am I wrong...
unistar99
Unistar99,

It's great that you have found a pair of speakers that meet your audio needs so well and I hope you will continue to enjoy them for a long time to come. Merlin makes some nice speakers that work well in a lot of audiophile's systems, and having Bobby around providing customer support is a plus too. However, your posts speak in absolute terms with which many on this forum would not necessarily agree.
Unistar99, are you shopping for speakers or furniture? Sounds like you're interested in Sonus Faber only for their appearance and trying to justify a purchase even though you don't like their sound.
The Merlin speakers have a tremendous past history of development effort and fine tuning. I've not heard all the SF models, but the ones I have heard (the last being the Grand Piano) sound nowhere near as "real" to me as the various Merlin models I've owned. Could be luck, or could be all the hard work and time devoted to making the speaker. Merlins aren't for everyone, but I prefer them over anything I've heard since my serious listening sessions started about 35 years ago. The only speakers I've enjoyed nearly as much were my Acoustats.

07-15-14: Denvelle
The Merlin speakers have a tremendous past history of development effort and
fine tuning. I've not heard all the SF models, but the ones I have heard (the last
being the Grand Piano) sound nowhere near as "real" to me as the
various Merlin models I've owned.
Seriously? The Grand
Pianos are from 17 years ago. SF's current lines are mind-blowingly musical,
natural, and most of all, seductive and involving.

Anything from their Homage, Olympica, and top lines are friggin' awesome now,
and the entry-level Veneres aren't too shabby either.