Subsonic filter wish and a solution

I started a thread a while back called anyone wish they had a subsonic filter. Thanks to everyone for their input to that question, btw. I have a very mild case of woofer pumping as it is sometimes called. I can't hear it, as far as I can tell, but it bugs me because, as some of you have commented, it results in the amplifier using energy in it's effort to produce the very low frequency junk signals. I figured out quickly that I could not simply add a high pass section to the actual speaker crossover because of the huge size of the caps and inductors needed to do this. And since I like the match of my phono pre/cartridge/arm, I have been looking at either an internal modification of the phono preamp or a high quality outboard filter. It looks to me that Marchand's XM-46SB is my solution. It can be customized as to frequency rolloff. I ordered one that rolls off at 24dB starting at 18Hz. It does what I want it to do, and no more. I'm hoping that the benefits will outweigh the downside of adding two interconnects and the circuit to my system. My main objective is to solve the problem with little or no affect on the frequencies above the 18Hz, and also to avoid buying a new phono preamp. I'll post again once I get the filter, in case anyone is interested in the results.
240zracer
I've got a question concerning this that was actually referenced in the other earlier thread (yeah, I know I'm resurrecting an ancient thread here!)

If I'm sending everything below 60 or 80hz to ONE sub (essentially mono'ing below 60 or 80hz... probably 80) should I have no problems with "woofer pumping" and subsonics?
What's still there??? The thread? If that's what you're referring to, yes, I know - hence me referencing it in my question.

It's not clear to me if what I'm stating is true - that if everything below 80hz is being sent to my one sub via the "sub-out" interconnect on my Outlaw RR2150 amp that I will essentially be negating any issues with subsonics and rumble.
That's what I meant. The sub-sonics are still there. Your sub will be trying to reproduce whatever signal is sent to it.
Hello,mono-ing at at a selected freq reduces/eliminates rumble, which is different from subsonics (below 20hz). You really need both but it is system dependent. My answer is you need a 20hz filter and a rumble filter at a selected freq. With the rumble filter it is to be selected, by you, according to your systems needs. You may want as high as 60hz or 80hz but it is better to stay around 40hz with stereo subs. Since you have a mono sub your "rumble filter" has been selected for you by your crossover freq. So yes you still need a 20hz filter.
Bob